Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 04:07 PM

Default ****Official Michigan-Ohio State Thread****

Come and get it, JohnnyBeef and other Bucks fans. The Big House is going to be ROCKIN'.

GO BLUE!

Predictions:

-Mike Hart comes back to play brilliantly, chewing up plenty of clock.
-Breaston-Ginn matchup is overhyped, and underperformed.
-Troy Smith once again shows that Michigan has no idea how to handle running QBs, while dashing for 60 yards and 1 TD.
-Henne to Avant good for 10 receptions and a score.
-AJ Hawk and the Bucks come up with big time interception when Michigan is in the red zone.
-Mario Manningham provides late game dramatics with a long TD reception late in the fourth quarter.

-Lloyd Carr finally realizes how to beat Jim Tressel. Michigan has sweet redemption for an otherwise subpar year.
Michigan 31, Ohio State 28.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: ****Official Michigan-Ohio State Thread****

(side note: I watched the Wisc-Mich game at a bar with a couple of fellow Badgers and after we won (for the first time since 94!) we bought the UM guys a round of shots. The toast, which was the first thing about the whole evening that everyone seemed to agree on, "Fvck Columbus.")
Old 11-18-2005, 03:17 AM

God its going to feel good to make the Ohio State defeats Michigan thread. Michigan is pathetic this year. Go Bucks!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God its going to feel good to make the Ohio State defeats Michigan thread. Michigan is pathetic this year. Go Bucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know how you can say that. We have one more loss than you. That's it.

Granted, I'll admit Ohio State has had a better season, but that doesn't mean we're pathetic. And last time I checked, records are thrown out the window when it comes to this game. How many times has the "favored" team been "upset"?

HAIL HAIL TO MICHIGAN THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST
Old 11-18-2005, 09:43 AM

Comparing the W-L records of OSU and UM is ridiculous. OSU has far outperformed UM this year. I'll be rooting for the Wolverines hard this week, but any unbiased fan knows OSU is the much better team on paper.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Comparing the W-L records of OSU and UM is ridiculous. OSU has far outperformed UM this year. I'll be rooting for the Wolverines hard this week, but any unbiased fan knows OSU is the much better team on paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

on paper???? hahahahaha...

Most NCAA scouts agree that Michigan usually has the better talent, Ohio State plays with more heart (as a UM fan, this is especially hard for me to swallow). However, if our defense actually played with any heart against UW and Minnesota, we'd be undefeated in the Big Ten right now. We lost both games in the final minute, allowing that HUGE Laurence Maroney run on third and 10, and letting John Stocco (???????) drive and score a winning TD with a minute left.

The BIGGEST difference is in coaching. They have a good coach; we have a bumbling idiot who's "conservative" offense includes running the ball 65% of the time, throwing screen passes for half of our passes, and having a QB that seemingly AVOIDS Steve Breaston at all costs (only throwing to Avant, Manningham, and Hart).

To say OSU has the better team on paper is ludicrous. Chad Henne was the #1 recruited QB last year, Ginn and Breaston are about equal as gamebreakers, and Mike Hart was a big-time talent coming out of HS too.

I think this year both teams are pretty similar on paper, but OSU has just played better.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Granted, I'll admit Ohio State has had a better season, but that doesn't mean we're pathetic. And last time I checked, records are thrown out the window when it comes to this game. How many times has the "favored" team been "upset"?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the proper statement to go with here. Even in years where one team is clearly superior to the other, it is still almost always close game because of the rivalry. In the last 15 years, the lower (or unranked) team has won 8 and the higher ranked team has won 6 (with one tie), so the fact that OSU is ranked ahead of Michigan means nothing. Here's a pretty good link to the history of the rivalry.

This also is the first game all season that Michigan is fully healthy, which had a major impact on our losses earlier this year. If you take the best player (Hart - all or parts of 4 games), best offensive lineman (Long - 3/4 of the season), best defensive lineman (Woodley - 2 games) and your two starting safeties (2.5 games each) away for multiple games, OSU wouldnt be much better than Michigan right now. Imagine if you had to play 4 games against good big 10/non-conference opponents with Zwick as your QB, lost Hawk for 2 games and had to start two freshman at saftey. You'd still be good and ranked, but you'd have 3 losses too. You already saw what happened in the Texas game with Zwick as your QB.

That all being said, it will be a great game in Ann Arbor this weekend. And no matter what happens, I'm rooting for MSU to upset PSU since they cant seem to get out of our thread and start their own.

And to Clarkmeister - this is a college football thread. Your team blows at football. Go away. If you want to talk [censored] about basketball, go start a college basketball thread (oh wait, you already did). I wont go in there and talk [censored] about how we own you at football. We suck at basketball right now, but we are improving and should be a halfway decent team this year.

Go Blue.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've sucked at basketball for over a decade. Longer if you ignore all our bought-and-paid for teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least our football team has won the conference, let alone gone to the postseason, in the last few years.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:30 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I'm pissed that you started this before I did [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

um, if you think Michigan is scoring 31 on OSU's defense, you might want to go take another bong hit.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I'm pissed that you started this before I did [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

um, if you think Michigan is scoring 31 on OSU's defense, you might want to go take another bong hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, its my prediction, you're free to post your own! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But OSU does have a vaunted defense, I've found that most of these trends can be thrown right out the window when it comes down to UM-OSU.

However, Minnesota and MSU did manage to nick that D for points as well.

I'm 100% all for stating that OSU's defense >>>>> UM's defense though.