Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: How\'s this? (ATo)

raise pf
river check is not good at all.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:35 PM

you should always raise ATo preflop if you're the first in. (with some minor exceptions)

you should always raise from the button if you're the first in (and the CO, and the Hi-Jack, with some even more minor exceptions).

therefore, you should raise ATo from the button 100% of the time when you're the first in.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:26 PM

grunching...
definitely raise that flop when it's folded to you on the button with AT. I forget how hand coverter treats CO posters--I guess he checked? That's more dead money in your pocket.

you have to raise that flop. It is draw heavy: overcards, straights, flushes.

Since you raised the turn, the river bet will probably fold a worse hand, but there's chance that SB may want to pay you to see your cards. I'm 50/50 on bet or check it down.

I'm sure others will mention that it would have turned out differently if you'd raised pre-flop. You would have probably won on the flop, which is where the most of the profit in this kind of hand comes from.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:46 PM

Raise PF.

Raise the flop.

Bet the river.

Congratulations on the turn play, though.

1 outta 4 ain't bad. No wait, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. 1 out of 4....eeehhhhh..... anyway.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You missed a value bet on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise flop as well
Old 10-31-2005, 04:16 PM

Did CO seriously open fold his posted blind?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:21 PM

Why did you check the river???
Old 10-31-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, this pf play needs work and the river is an easy value bet. Focus on those aspects first then worry about the flop/turn play. In general if you never waited until the turn to raise this you won't be loosing much, and compared to the preflop and river those are much bigger mistakes right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit that this hand was crap, but normally my PF play is pretty good (according to my stats at least, VP$IP and PFR).

River was of course very bad, don't know what was wrong with me.

About the Flop and Turn. I got $1 + $4 out of him now. If I had raised the flop I would have got $2 + $2 out of him at max. Maybe he would have folded the turn.

So I don't think it is that bad. And it's a good way to confuse your opponents, by varying your play.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I admit that this hand was crap, but normally my PF play is pretty good (according to my stats at least, VP$IP and PFR).

<font color="#666666"> snip </font>

it's a good way to confuse your opponents, by varying your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone will tell you that there are tons of terrible players with great preflop numbers. I'm not saying that you are one, just pointing out that your pt stats don't mean that you made the right decision here.

Also, there was a good post in the HUSH faq that discussed mixing up your play. Basically it came to this:
1)online its usually not necessary since you won't play the same people over and over again, and
2)if you decide to mix it up anywa, use reads and position to be your guide. IOW, openraise 44 hu vs the megarock, and just limp the same hand when there are multiple calling stations in the hand instead.

In this instance, you should have raised. I'll go find the post because it is very good.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:46 PM

I would have re-raised on the flop. With top pair top kicker increase the money in the pot. If everyone folds thats fine.

I would put SB on a top pair weaker kicker. I wouldn't worry about him having a straight draw. If he has bottom pair with four to the heart flush, say Q5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then your 50/50.

I would have also bet the river. If he bet three clubs on after the flop and then beats you runner runner what can you do.