Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Bare teeth

Agreed entirely.

Were I to sell my body now, I gain money (which, depending on the contrast of spending habits between me and the necrophile may or may not be good for the economy overall), and a possible chance that it will deter the necrophile from harming others. I lose the sense of dignity I may have in knowing that I'll have an honorable burial or cremation, should I be attached to that.

Those are the pros and cons, the decision is mine.

Right and wrong doesn't even come into play.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: My First Necrophilia Post.

I'd have to say no. It's intriguing, but I'd be afraid that whoever would be willing to pony up would want me dead sooner than I would. Then there's a lot we don't know about the afterlife, consciousness and cell decay. Just in case I am conscious for a period of time after dying, I'd rather not have this on my mind.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming it is not illegal would it be wrong to sell your own dead body, getting money now, for the purpose of necrophilia?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not certain how to begin thinking about this question, but I will try and get back to this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Also does the answer change based on how much money you get or what you would do with that money (eg save lives)?

[/ QUOTE ]
My initial reaction is certainly not. For example, if you believe that prostitution is wrong, it is wrong no matter how much you are getting paid for it, and no matter what you would use that money for. However, we have already talked about homicide being justified in certain cases, such as the defense of one's own life. Does that mean that anything is justified in the defense of your own life? Is it justified to kill off everyone in the world because it is the only way you can continue to live? Or are we trying to put some kind of value on human life, such that three people would be worth a certain dollar value but thirty people would be worth ten times that?

It would seem that it would be right to sell your own body for necrophilia if it meant the salvation of the entire human race--in fact it "seems" that it would be right to do any one thing for the purpose of the salvation of humanity. But this comes from an expected value calcuation that doesn't take into account how doing this thing will affect our spirit--and when I say spirit I am not necessarily talking about anything religious or having to do with God; it could be taken to mean "longterm mental and emotional health" and that would be totally accurate. Is it right to sell our body for these purposes if we will only gain $5, if by doing this we will suffer guilt and grief and remorse for doing so the rest of our lives? Is it right to do it even if we know it is going to cause our own insanity? It seems that giving up our sanity would be "correct" to achieve the salvation of humanity, but not "correct" for any finite amount of money. But where is the line drawn? What if the money is enough to cure AIDS? What if the money is enough to ensure the mental and emotional stability of all humans for the next 1000 years? How can you put a dollar value on your own sanity?

I will have to think about this more.

The questions that I am currently attempting to put some deep thought into on this:
Are some things wrong? Currently I believe the answer is yes.
What makes something wrong? This is perhaps a more difficult question and it's going to take a lot more thought.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:39 PM

I have come to the logical conclusion that 2+2ers will get more action dead than alive.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:47 PM

This post was weak.. C- for some, but little effort.

It's just distasteful to bring up the perversion of your dead body as a construct between current ($) goals in life and how you view the body. You could have asked the same question much more eloquently.

Readers should view Sklansky's post on morality to redeem faith if lost.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Bare teeth

David already did this in the other Necrophilia thread where he raised the question of whether it is ok to eat a dead cow

Is somebody impersonating me?
Old 08-27-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little bit mad at myself for not being the first to post about it. Because necrophilia is obviously the perfect subject for this forum. Pair The Board made the comment that people give reasons for their stances or actions that are often not their Real Reason. Agreed. But I think it is worse than that. I think they often have No Reason. All they have is a gut feeling. And unless asked, they never bother to check whether their gut feeling contradicts any of their OWN precepts. How better to show this than necrophilia questions? Here's one:

Assuming it is not illegal would it be wrong to sell your own dead body, getting money now, for the purpose of necrophilia? Let us also assume that it is a fact that the person or persons who have sex with the body do not get crazier than they already are by such actions, and that they are no more likely to harm others because they performed such acts. Also does the answer change based on how much money you get or what you would do with that money (eg save lives)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you having a bad hair day?
Old 08-27-2005, 08:26 AM

all that matters is the opportunity cost of not giving the body to science etc.

honestly tho, in the words of david cross, who cares? let em have a gangbang on my forehead. once im dead the shell of my being is no more worthwile or dignified than any other piece of deceased flesh.

fim
Old 09-05-2005, 12:02 PM

bump-a-rooney
Old 09-05-2005, 01:58 PM

I made a poll in OOT here if you are interested