Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: My First Necrophilia Post.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little bit mad at myself for not being the first to post about it. Because necrophilia is obviously the perfect subject for this forum. Pair The Board made the comment that people give reasons for their stances or actions that are often not their Real Reason. Agreed. But I think it is worse than that. I think they often have No Reason. All they have is a gut feeling. And unless asked, they never bother to check whether their gut feeling contradicts any of their OWN precepts. How better to show this than necrophilia questions? Here's one:

Assuming it is not illegal would it be wrong to sell your own dead body, getting money now, for the purpose of necrophilia? Let us also assume that it is a fact that the person or persons who have sex with the body do not get crazier than they already are by such actions, and that they are no more likely to harm others because they performed such acts. Also does the answer change based on how much money you get or what you would do with that money (eg save lives)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since most people choose such things as method of burial and whether their organs can be donated to science, I see no difference regarding this subject.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:30 AM

David,

Some things cheapen society and the human condition, and are not worth any price.

In the case of saving lives with the money, there are other ways to raise money without taking active steps into perversion. If you propose a scenario in which there are no other options in order to make your point, I submit that you can make any absurd point by setting enough conditions and removing the original questions entirely from reality.

Some things are just not done on principle. If the whole world was a cost benefit analysis without subjective belief and personal feelings, we may as well not exist at all.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:46 AM

From the ethical perspective, necrophilia is wrong because onanism is wrong. It is an absolute impossiblity to procreate with a dead body, and is an unnatural act. No greater good justifies a wrong action.

From the moral perspective, necrophilia is wrong for the above reason and also the fact that the body is the temple of the soul, and it will be ressurected and attached to its soul again on the day of the Last Judgement.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Old and forgotten

[ QUOTE ]
It's like the old joke when the man propositions the woman and offers first ten bucks then a million for sex.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought it was the million first and then the ten bucks.

There is nothing to establish otherwise.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Bare teeth

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming it is not illegal would it be wrong to sell your own dead body, getting money now, for the purpose of necrophilia? Let us also assume that it is a fact that the person or persons who have sex with the body do not get crazier than they already are by such actions, and that they are no more likely to harm others because they performed such acts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a problem with those questions. If they are not a poll to gauge how some active 2+2 posters feel about the subject, what are they? What else is there to accomplish? The assumptions dictate the result.

I.e. If I'm a religious Muslim, I'd never even entertain such an idea. Ditto, if I believe in the "sanctity of the temple of the soul" (eg some kinda Eastern guru victim). Whilst, if I am a atheist and a pragmatist, I would only have post-mortem issues to consider, such as how I'd want my legacy to be preserved (as someone who sold his body? as someone who didn't care?).

What are we really learning through such a process?

If you want to learn about the internal consistency in the choices people make, your endeavor escapes me.

I could start a thread with the usual heuristic "tricky" tests, if you want, in order to get our teeth on something.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Bare teeth

[ QUOTE ]
Cyrus --
I could start a thread with the usual heuristic "tricky" tests, if you want, in order to get our teeth on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

David already did this in the other Necrophilia thread where he raised the question of whether it is ok to eat a dead cow. Most of us agreed it was, but that having sex with a Big Mac was questionable.

PairTheBoard
Old 08-26-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but do you mean it would be a consideration if the family knew before-hand, family finds out later, or do both make no difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter. The question is, are we in a vaccum where we can 100% guarantee that your family will experience no added grief?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Old and forgotten

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 10:31 AM

FINALLY, a question from the David that has some real bearing on my day-to-day life! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As I said in the last thread about corpse-groping, I think that necrophilia is more than a kink or a mental illness. Like serial rape, I think it is a perversity that damages the soul of the “sinner,” regardless of its effect on others. So, just as I wouldn’t aid and abet another man’s alcoholism by giving him a drink, I wouldn’t sell my body for any price. It is close so it would be pretty difficult as the price went up (like around $200!) but I’d hope that I’d be strong enough to follow my principles. I have several bidders right now, but fortunately they’re all cheapskates!

On a related note, I do NOT think that the activity should be illegal. There is an important distinction between legal/ethical correctness and the spiritual/moral kind that many people do not recognize. Ethically, I’d say anything you want to do to your own body should be legal, including abortion, prostitution, 8balls and selling your sweet bod to the Mung Foundation. It’s your party.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:53 AM

I think it's a short step for someone who considers this course of action to 'pretending to be dead' if ya know what I'm sayin' [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]