Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-31-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Wussing out with QQ

Keeping up with my theme of making sure I post my worst hands, here's yet another one I don't like. I think I'm tilting on the passive side tonight as my W$SD for for today is about 35% and I've lost a fair bit by getting better hands to call down.

Table's a mix of fish and semi-LAGs, but this guy is new; posted in UTG+2 this orbit so he can't be great.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I don't see a lot of checkraises with weak top pairs, so it smelled of a stupid checkraise with a draw or 2 pair+. If he was on a draw then he just made all of them with that river, and his check smelled strongly of a checkraise. I'm pretty damn sure I should have at least 3-bet the flop and I feel like a moron for not doing so, so go ahead and point and laugh kids and I'll post a really embarassing hand in a couple hours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That said, are we betting this river?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Wussing out with QQ

The only reason not to 3bet the flop is because you were going to raise the turn. Oops you missed that one. Once the 3rd spade falls on the river and OESD, feel fortunate you got a free showdown.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:31 AM

3-bet that flop, if he caps then maybe I ease up a little bit. I expect to see a low-ish pocket pair, maybe even 9-10s. I'm betting this river, that flush card doesn't scare me one bit. He isn't check-rasing the flop with a flush draw.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:41 AM

Your right you should have 3bet this flop to see where your opponent is at with his hand.....but the way it was played I think it was an ok to check this river, I dont think your ahead here very much....
Old 12-31-2005, 03:13 AM

This is Liberace gay. A and K8 will check raise you here, probably weaker 8s too. I 3 bet, waiting for the turn might be OK, but I'd rather get in an assured bet here.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:19 AM

If I'm SB I', c/r'ing with a 4, 7, or 8 here. you need to 3bet
Old 12-31-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
probably weaker 8s too

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah like Q8s. I played like complete [censored] today, and left a couple hands after this since I knew something was wrong with me [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] . I'd take a couple days away from the table to cool off, but the drunks will be out in full force tomorrow and it'll be easy pickin's if I can keep my head screwed on right [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway I was more interested in the river; I know the flop was a bad idea.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:45 AM

You are lucky it wasn't Q8o or you'd have been boned.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:46 AM

Oh yeah, I was gonna show off my real stupid play today. PFR is loose as a goose; one day he 3-bet with A4o and when called on it said he needed to protect his weak kicker. I had a multiway hand, and ATs isn't that much worse than the standard AJs now, is it?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

River: (13 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results:
SB has Ac Qc (two pair, aces and sixes).
Hero has Ah Th (two pair, aces and sixes).
MP2 has Ad Js (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: SB wins 16 BB.

Snort.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He isn't check-rasing the flop with a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially a backdoor one.

I'm the the 3 bet the flop camp.