Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 08:56 AM

Default I find myself not posting hands anymore

I was about to post a hand, and as I went through it I found where I went wrong (it was a wait-till the turn to protect hand where almost every card in the deck hurt me). I've done this a lot recently. I spend a fair amount of time writing out a hand I had trouble with, and my thought process. As I think about it, the whole situation became more clear. So I deleted what I had just written and replaced it with this.

Basically, I'd recommend writing out the hands you want to post instead of using the converter. It really forces you to think out what you did and why you did it.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: I find myself not posting hands anymore

Same thing has happened to me. I don't post hands anymore. Not because I don't make any mistakes... I do, believe me I do. But mostly I either know the mistake right after I do it, or when I go back and look closer at the hand.

That's a reason why I like only 1 or 2 tabling. I have time enough to review my play as I go.

I need to start a notebook with the comments I make to myself as I play, heh.

KO
Old 08-26-2005, 12:23 PM

Yup, same thing here. Sometimes I look at a hand and just start puking in my mouth. Why would you do that moran? You have the reads, use them.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, same thing here. Sometimes I look at a hand and just start puking in my mouth. Why would you do that moran? You have the reads, use them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I keep breath mints around for this very reason. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 12:30 PM

That is similar to what I normally do. I usually use that ponks program that Microposter uses, convert it to 2+2 cuz I like to see the suit gifs, then post it into 2+2 so that I can see those gifs, copy from the preview into Word and save my Word file so that I can review my hands a bit easier.

I'm working** on a little app that could all of that automatically, plus insert real time pokertracker reads. That way I can examine my actions and compare them to what I knew about that opponent at the time I made each move.

** by working, I mean that I'm in the process of scrutinizing the PT access structure and figuring out how it will work. the coding itself shouldn't be too tough [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is similar to what I normally do. I usually use that ponks program that Microposter uses, convert it to 2+2 cuz I like to see the suit gifs, then post it into 2+2 so that I can see those gifs, copy from the preview into Word and save my Word file so that I can review my hands a bit easier.

I'm working** on a little app that could all of that automatically, plus insert real time pokertracker reads. That way I can examine my actions and compare them to what I knew about that opponent at the time I made each move.

** by working, I mean that I'm in the process of scrutinizing the PT access structure and figuring out how it will work. the coding itself shouldn't be too tough [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be really cool. I've done the same thing myself in the past. I like the 2+2 formatting as it's easy to read, but it's a bit of a hassle doing all the converting. Please let the board know if you do get anything up and running!