Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-25-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Avatar Help (brain tumor)

You are truely a god among men.

I tried to do it but my photoshop skills made it look like a blob on her head. Thanx
Old 12-26-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Disliked \"Closer\"

I thought that was a very well done movie but I absolutely hate it. A girl friend of mine loves it because she thinks it's accurate, but she has been screwed over too many times to count. I don't like her watching it because it reinforces her views. There are good, honest people in the world and relationships can work out smooth and wonderfully. And this movie makes me want to kill every main character because they are all evil selfish people. I do like Natalie Portman though.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:00 AM

My wife is due to give birth next month at age 41.

Milo, you beast!

edit: OP, think along these lines
Old 12-26-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I gotta say, the Androgel the doc put me on when I was first diagnosed with my prolactinoma (what it sounds like you have) was really great. I was almost sorry when the weekly medication they put me on had shrunk down the tumor enough that I could come off the testosterone. It was like being 18 again. Side effects? My wife is due to give birth next month at age 41. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a prolactinoma and I've been on the medicine for while. I just went in 2 weeks ago and got more bloodwork done to see how it is affecting things, and am still awaiting the results. I was just happy that the tumor was too small to require surgery, but that medicine is pretty damn expensive. I don't think I was put on testosterone, so I didn't get any of those side affects [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The meds (I suspect you are taking Dostinex 1-2x weekly) are REALLY expensive, but well worth it. They put you on testosterone if your levels are low (trust me, you'd know by your irritibility and the sad look on your penis' face). As I understand it, surgery for this is usually not needed, as the meds shrink the tumor down.

Prolactinoma FAQ