Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Flopped flush, forced to fold on the turn.

Flopped the flush, and got 4 callers on the flop of the pot sized bet. I felt the most likely hands to be calling with in that situation were the ace high flush draw, a set looking to boat up, or maybe two pair. . Folded when check raised all in on the turn after the board paired. Any advice on the hand?

-Tim

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter

UTG ($63.95)
UTG+1 :#A500AF(Villian)/ ($34.70)
MP1 ($15.90)
MP2 ($9.05)
Hero ($22.75)
Button ($58.65)
SB ($28.50)
BB ($46.15)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 :#A500AF(Villian)/ calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, Button calls $1, BB calls $1, Villian calls $1.

Turn: ($5.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises to $20.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $30.60
Old 12-24-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Flopped flush, forced to fold on the turn.

IMO, dont limp in the CO with a hand like that. Given the action on the turn, I probably lay this down too. Id be shocked to see if UTG doesnt have you beat. Limp call check raise is a flush line here, higher than yours, or a boat. But, you do have the SF re-draw (just kidding, thats not a good reason to call).
Old 12-24-2005, 02:45 PM

like EMc says, don't limp w/ trash.

good flop play. nice laydown.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:58 PM

I shouldn't be playing suited connecters/gappers in position in an unraised pot? Sometimes I'll raise a hand like that up in position to put pressure on the blinds/limpers, and other times I limp and look to hit the flop.

Done some basic research on the math behind and I've found the suited connectors and gappers will hit 2 pair, 3 of a kind, straight, flush or a straight or flush draw 20-25% of the time. Those are all playable hands on the flop in my opinion. Is my logic flawed?

-Tim
Old 12-24-2005, 03:12 PM

2 pair atleast 20-25perc? It sounds kinda off specially with 2 gap hands like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but ofc I can be wrong.

Nevertheless I must agree with those before, u dont hit often enough with SC to justify playing 2 gappers unless ofc your implied odds are big and chance for a non raise behind u.

Personally I find playing pockets are better way to make cash from middle position when u hit those wonderful sets.

Peace man!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the input.

For what it's worth, the guy showed down 78 for a flopped straight (no spades). I folded the best hand, but after the board paired on the turn, I think I make this fold every time anyway. I really don't like the way he played it. Leading the flop or a check raise on the flop would be much better IMO, though it would have cost him his stack in this particular hand.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:22 PM

I would've pushed. Because, if he had a set on the flop, he should've raised. If he has you beat with a higher flush, bad luck. If he has 65,54, bad luck. (Guess he would've raised the flop with two pair also)

Just MHO.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:01 PM

I would fold it preflop