Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Polar Bears drowning and resorting to cannibalism...

Global warming is occurring. However, global warming is also occurring on Mars, and sunspot activity is at or near a very long-term high. One question we should be asking is what percentage of global warming is due to increased human activity, and what percentage of global warming is due to increased sun activity.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Global warming is occurring. However, global warming is also occurring on Mars, and sunspot activity is at or near a very long-term high. One question we should be asking is what percentage of global warming is due to increased human activity, and what percentage of global warming is due to increased sun activity.

[/ QUOTE ]It has been asked, and variations in solar output are not deemed a significant cause of what we're seeing.

It's amazing what a well-run campaign to muddy the waters can do. Anyone who thinks there is not consensus among 99% of scientists (the ones not on the take, or with a political agenda) is failing as a human being.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming

Edited to add: anyone who thought there was not consensus within the scientific community about global warming (I'm counting a few of you just in this thread) needs to find an honest source of news.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:18 PM

And the trees. Don't forget about the trees. According to Saint Reagan, they are a major source of air pollution.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:09 PM

Reagan was Right!

Trees Fight Back!

Challenging Conventional Wisdom!

Associated Press Weighs In!

Princeton Scientists: Changes in forestry and agriculture affecting ozone pollution!

IT'S THE STRAWBERRIES I TELL YOU!
Old 12-18-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I don't think you will find a difinitive answer on this one as neither the scientific nor political community has found one.

[/ QUOTE ]
They have. Unfortunately the scientific answer means political suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]
His point still stands about the political community....

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently you two know the 'difinitive answer'. Are you going to post it here? Shall we alert the media? Could we get a little information on your background, and how you made this discovery.

Headline: Wiskeytown frames the issue -- calls all opposing evidence the work of 'idiots'. Superleeds knows the answer, and may share it soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, in quoting me, you edited out of my post where I talked about the 'definitive' answer, as distinct from whatever type of answer other people are talking about.
Secondly...apparently you have turned off your irony detector... turn it back on immediately.
Thirdly my post remained quite about the definitive answer in terms of the science.
Fourthly your reply made no reference to the content of my post, which was, that the political consensus is to ignore (what I didn't mention is that, when ignoring doens't work, the tactic is to proclaim a big controversy amongst the scientific community in order to render all oposing points of view (ie people who are concerned about the future of their planet) to be 'unsubstantiated', which is just a tactic (and I BTW proclaim this to be the truth without need to resort to argument.))
Fifthtly as far as I can tell, those who vehemently argue on the side opposing the existence of global warming have way more to gain than those urging us to be cautious.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been asked, and variations in solar output are not deemed a significant cause of what we're seeing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read estimates that sun activity is responsible for from 10%-30% of the recent total global warming on Earth (and presumably, a higher percentage of the global warming on Mars;-), but haven't followed up on that with further reading.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Superleeds knows the answer, and may share it soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not going to like it.

Ready.

The answer is....

... short term sacrifice for long term gain.