Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 11:38 PM

Default a better way to have played this?

spew? if the pot were not this big i wouldn't have played it this way. felt "forced" to bet the turn since i was representing the king on the flop. however, after 3 callers on this dry flop, i probably should have just saved the turn bet, and perhaps just check/folded the flop altogether.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds
Old 12-09-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: a better way to have played this?

Raise preflop. Hand plays different after that.

I assume you were betting the flop hoping that MP1 would raise and help protect your hand? Because i have done that many times, until i read a thread here that pointed out that doing so is lose/lose. If he raises, it helps protect the pot, but he probably has you badly beaten, so that sucks. If he doesn't raise, people behind him are getting 14:1 on their call, and can peel with anything, so that sucks.

That said, it seems like we're left with check/fold, which i don't like either. Hmm.

Anyway, as played, the K is the best non-9 card in the deck for you. Bet/fold looks good.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Raise preflop and the hand plays differently.

If MP1 will raise all hands including AJ, AQ, AT - I like the flop bet.
If he won't, I just check and wait to see the action behind.
This is a very dry flop for raising and coldcalling hands.
If MP1 bets and it's folded to you, you can c/r and lead the turn.

The way you played, failing a maniac read, the turn is an easy bet/fold.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:20 AM

i think its the consensus to raise pf. Other than that i like it. the K was actually a sweet turn card (behind a 9). If you were ahead you are still ahead and if you are behind you will find out and save a couple bets. Bet/fold that turn unless you have good reads.