Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: An idea for analyzing by session

Sounds like a great idea! I'm in, too.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:45 AM

What I would do is post the entire session as a single post. Then I would direct people commenting on a hand to specify that hand on the subject line by the last 4 digits of the hand number along with what the hands was. For example, instead of the subject line saying "Re: Session review 1" it would say "4559 JTs." This would make it easy for responders to return to oringinal post, hit ctrl+f on thier browser, input "4559" and easily find the hand. I would of course, post these direction in the session post as well. Sound like a plan?
Old 07-23-2005, 12:55 AM

I'm not even sure how to access a multitabling session. How do you do that anyhow?

Either would be fine I guess.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not even sure how to access a multitabling session. How do you do that anyhow?

Either would be fine I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

They just show up as different sessions in your Pokertracker "sessions" tab. I mention it only because obviously with multi-tabling you'd have different opponents sitting at each table, so you can't strip away all the usernames from the HH or otherwise it'll be hard to tell which game is at which table.

Do people actually play 100-200 hands sitting at the same table? I don't think I've ever been at a single table this long [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 12:58 AM

Edit >> replace under even the most basic word processing programs. I just asked how to do this in the computer help forum. Damn 2p2 has almost everything... now if they could tell me where to get some good hookers and coke in Baton Rouge.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:01 AM

I'd be up for this.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:24 AM

This is a great idea. Well up.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I would do is post the entire session as a single post. Then I would direct people commenting on a hand to specify that hand on the subject line by the last 4 digits of the hand number

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool - so hands and comments are all in one thread? I get it. So you're going to have to keep track of the threads so you can tell the owner which is theirs - sounds like lotsa work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (or maybe give them something unique when they turn in their hands and then just put that in the thread title)

And I answered the wrong post thinking the wrong thing; I meant stripping out./replacing the names would be simple with a perl script. But I forgot they'd have to be formatted for the forum too. Does ponksaver let you specify a player's name to make "hero" substitutions on like a file with 100 hands in it (and change everyone !hero to position or something)?

Mike
Old 07-23-2005, 01:48 AM

I like the idea of session reviews, but I'm not sure about getting the whole forum involved. What I found particularly effective was the buddy system, i.e. pairing up with another player at your limit and exchanging HHs. Or a smaller group setting, like maybe a community of 5 people or so, perhaps a private blog community.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:54 AM

I can see your point but I think there's also another upside - more ppl will get a chance to answer hand posts since there will be so many of them. I like trying out answering posts but usually by the time I see them there's a half dozen+ replies with most things already hashed out. Or by the time I'm done writing other ppl have already said what I was going to say so there's no point in posting it. This way I (and others like me) will almost always have hands others haven't commented on...

Mike