Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Overcard Situation

No reads on anyone because I had just sat down.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 07-20-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Overcard Situation

personally i'd raise. you have overcards + nut flush BDFD.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:14 PM

I would raise and try to knock out some players.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:24 PM

IMHO This is one of the best boards (that misses your big cards) you can see with a hand like this. The only real draw it offers is the flush draw and you have a redraw to the nut flush. I'd raise to clean up my overcard outs.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:33 PM

OK, I changed the turn card (to keep things interesting). Now what?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO This is one of the best boards (that misses your big cards) you can see with a hand like this. The only real draw it offers is the flush draw and you have a redraw to the nut flush. I'd raise to clean up my overcard outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What overcard outs am I attempting to clean up here? Someone who already has a pair in addition to an A or Q? Not picking on you, just trying to think critically about overcard situations.

EDIT: To elaborate, don't I want hands like KQ and AT to call?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:45 PM

Fold. You somehow managed to miss every single out, which to remind everyone is any ace, king, queen, ten, or heart. You missed all of them. Impressive. You've got 3 outs at best here (I wouldn't be surprised since he completed if he's already made two pair and you're drawing dead)
Old 07-20-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What overcard outs am I attempting to clean up here? Someone who already has a pair in addition to an A or Q? Not picking on you, just trying to think critically about overcard situations.

EDIT: To elaborate, don't I want hands like KQ and AT to call?

[/ QUOTE ]
facing them with 2 bets cold could get them to drop A2 or Q2, posibly A7 or Q7 depending on their tightness.
To answer your edit. Yes in this situation I do want to fold KQ and AT. Both of them have redraws if you do hit one of your overcards on the turn.

Wow a complete whif on the turn. Now you only have about 3 outs fold that turn.