Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 12:02 PM

Default flopping a boat

game is pot limit $200 initital buy-in. $500 max after that. average stack is around 300-400. i am in late position and get dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. limp is as blinds are only $1 $2. gets around to the little blind and he raises the pot. i call coming in for about $15. flop comes out J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. intial raiser comes out for a $75 bet. 1 caller and i smooth call because there is another player behind me and i am hoping he calls, but he folds. next card no help. initial raiser bets $75 again. the other caller pauses and thinks hard about whether or not to call but he does and i also call. river comes nothing again and they both check i proceed to bet pot hoping to get a call from the initial raiser but they both folded. he showed K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i told him i had a straight draw. question i have is do you think i should have raised pot before the river? because i kno i should have made more profit on this pot. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: flopping a boat

are these stakes to high te get a response or is this not a relevant statement to anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 02:37 PM

Sounds like the pot was big before you bet the pot. A tricky play would be to underbet the river to make it look like you are bluffing and hope for him to come over top. If you give them 5-1 or 4-1 they will almost certainly call.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:43 PM

your write-up is hard to read. try using paragraphs.

i'd have raised the turn (still pricing in a draw). betting on the river will fold draws that would have called a turn bet.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:47 PM

Flop:
I like the flop, you don't know what they have so it's good to flat call, hide your strength, give the two in front a cheap card and good odds to someone behind you drawing dead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Turn:
[ QUOTE ]
initial raiser bets $75 again. the other caller pauses and thinks hard about whether or not to call but he does and i also call.

[/ QUOTE ]
With your position, I'd min reraise the turn for value, there's enough money in the pot to make a call worthwhile for one or both of them. Best to get the drawer's money while they still have outs (or think they do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) No one is representing much strength so I think a min reraise is enough.

A pot bet on the river is huge, better to go 1/3 to 1/2 pot and maybe get a caller imo.