Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 AM

Default tournament Andy B river play

Do you save the bet or go to showdown? seat 2 is Andy B

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High - Level VIII (300/600), Ante 50, Bring-In 100 (converter)

Seat 2: 7,003
Hero: 4,997

3rd Street - (0.33 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (2.33 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (6.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (8.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (8.17 BB)
Old 12-13-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: tournament Andy B river play

4th:I like the raise rather than the call myself,but I'm sure the call is just as good.
5th:Good raise.
River:Looks like Andy played it well,& you didn't catch.What can you do?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:39 PM

I still think you played it well.If the other guy is a good player,too,you can't outplay him on every hand.Andy just decided that you were likely on 8's only & thought he could move you off the hand.So he put his money where his read was.Good job,Andy.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think you played it well.If the other guy is a good player,too,you can't outplay him on every hand.Andy just decided that you were likely on 8's only & thought he could move you off the hand.So he put his money where his read was.Good job,Andy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, when Andy keeps on catching over cards, and the pot keeps getting bigger. Every one of Andy's bets is better and better. If he has it, he has to bet. If he doesn't have it, he'd be forced to call because he has a whole bunch of outs. Might as well preserve fold equity.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:45 PM

Yea, I think a raise on forth would have been the way to go.

Anyway since no one finds this one interesting I'll tell ya what happened. Andy showed his hand and just had a 4 in the hole, that was a huge pot to take on a bluff, well played.

After that It was something like 2500 to 8500 or something.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:06 PM

I did find that hand interesting. I wish you hadn't posted the results.

I don't think I really care for andy's sixth street play, but its hard to argue with the results.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:23 PM

It was getting pretty agressive if the both of us stayed in past 4th, I think I should have fought a little harder for this one. I had a feeling i was ahead on 3rd and 4th, but when he catches 3 overcards I just thought it would be better to save the last 600.

I think he knew I could throw away something like a pair of 8's against that board so I think his 6th street play was good for this situation.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I really care for andy's sixth street play, but its hard to argue with the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an act of desperation. This was a pivotal hand, and I was just hoping he'd blink.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an act of desperation. This was a pivotal hand, and I was just hoping he'd blink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I think this was a tough spot for both of us, you just played it a little better than I did.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good hand Andy. This is how you win tourneys. Its how I won the stud8 one.