Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:56 AM

Default 30/60 KK against a nit

Full table. Villain (14/6/1) is sitting in small blind and I've tangled him in quite a few pots during this session. He 3-bet my late opener from button, HU flop came T high, I c/r him and bet T turn and A river he calls down and my QTs is good. Another hand I open raised from small blind, he 3-bet me from BB, flop came J high but we checked it to the river and my A3s high was good! I've been running good and my image is a bit on the loose aggressive side.

Now to the hand in question: It's folded to me on button and I open raise with KK, Villain 3-bets once again, FISH (26/1/0.5) in the BB calls the 2 cold, I cap. Flop comes 333, checked to me, I bet, only Villain (14/6/1) calls. Turn is A and Villain checks to me.

How should I proceed? Bet but fold to additional aggression to get full value out of smaller pocket pairs? Or check behind as I'm either miles ahead or miles behind and would hate to get c/r? Thanks in advance for your input and I'm sorry if this is a no-brainer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 30/60 KK against a nit

Villain 3-bets fairly liberally pre-flop. Villain does a lot of calling down post-flop but doesn't seem particularly inclined to aggression or trickyness. I think this looks like a bet. Given the other hands you mentioned, you can probably fold to a turn check-raise but I suck at poker so I would call it down, anyway.

SpaceAce