Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: 430, entire hh

[ QUOTE ]

Also I think that folding hand 7 is clearly wrong. T7o getting 3-1 odds and position? Its just way too tight IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll play T7 about half the time in a similar situation. Are you saying a push would always be correct there?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:08 PM

I think you should've played this much more aggressively. The guy doesn't look very loose, so steal the blinds. I think you out-thought these hands or something.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 4: Seat 4 ( $6290 )
Seat 6: Seat 6( $1955 )
Seat 9: hero ( $1755 )
Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ T 3 ]
Seat 6folds.
hero folds.
Seat 4 does not show cards.
Seat 4 wins 450 chips

[/ QUOTE ]

How loose do you think the BB is here? My default play is to push this unless I have evidence that he doesn't respect my raises or is just really loose. I may be too aggressive in spots like this though. What factors make you fold this?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll play T7 about half the time in a similar situation. Are you saying a push would always be correct there?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but IMO you must at least call preflop and this is what I would do. Moving allin is a bit much here. It's important not to spit in the face of math and pot odds.

Folding T7o heads up against a random hand, getting 3-1 pot odds and having position throughout the hand, is mathematically incorrect IMO.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No but IMO you must at least call preflop and this is what I would do. Moving allin is a bit much here. It's important not to spit in the face of math and pot odds.

Folding T7o heads up against a random hand, getting 3-1 pot odds and having position throughout the hand, is mathematically incorrect IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure youre right - mathmatically. HU is about more than math though.

T7o is what? a slightly less than avg. hand? I guess having position with it makes up for the fact that it isnt a good hand.

In a situation where you are HU with a guy who raises your limps, what do you do with a hand like that?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:48 PM

I will never fold this hand in this position. Almost no one raises your limps everytime, they always get more careful after the 2nd-3rd limp, because they suspect you are slowplaying.

Yes headsup is not all about math, but this is just too absurd for me to consider folding. 3-1 pot odds, with position and a reasonable hand! I don't believe folding can be reasonably defended here, although I suspect that a large number of people on this forum do fold in such spots.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:57 PM

curtains,

thanks for continuing to rip my play apart. that's what i posted it for.

i agree that hte T7 fold is wrong, especially because my one limp had not been raised.

to the poster who said he plays like this:

i don't always play exactly as shown in this hand history, but my shorthanded and heads up, particularly in this game, i clearly missed several spots. not all of them were spots i miss all the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i'm not going to make any excuses about them, i want for me and others to learn from the mistakes i made.

the two biggy hands i believe in this hh are the KQ hand and the T7 hand so far. maybe the K3 hand is a decently worthwhile hand also. basically everything else was an abc poker play i think.

citanul
Old 09-17-2005, 09:12 PM

Curtains - not to beat a dead horse about the T7, but say you have a lesser hand like a T5o or something like that. Do you limp anything on the button HU if the other guy is letting you?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:40 PM

I do fold sometimes, and it may be incorrect to do some of the times when I fold,....but I'd never fold something like T7o here. If I ever felt like I was in a situation where stacks were too shallow to limp, then I would move allin with it.

Folding with T5o is a lot more reasonable. However if the stacks are deep I think its just bad to fold most of the time in the SB, maybe its okay to fold the bottom 5-10% of hands.