Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: NL Cy Young
Roger Clemens 12 19.05%
Pedro Martinez 2 3.17%
Mark Prior 1 1.59%
Dontrelle Willis 28 44.44%
Javier Vazquez 0 0%
Tim Hudson 2 3.17%
Jake Peavy 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: UTG pushing standards

there's a pretty huge gap between KJ and AQ. i think the right answer is definitely in between there, at least at party 33's.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:50 AM

I'm sorry, but threads like these are typically hopeless and pointless. I understand what you are trying to gain, but don't think you will accomplish it from such general threads that end up taking 22 replies before you can fully explain a scenario. If you have trouble finding actual hands where you faced a dilemma, then I would at least suggest making up sepcific hands (including position, chips stacks, and all those juicy details) before ever resorting to something as futile as this.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:51 PM

I see this scenario 2-3 times an hour. I'd have no trouble pulling out a specific instance and posting it, but it wouldn't change much. As for the juicy details, I already said you're UTG and that there are no big chip stacks - I think that should be enough to start the discussion. If it helps, assume that everyone else has ~1500 chips.

I was hoping the poll would narrow things down, but there are quite a few different opinions, so there's probably some discussion to be had. I guess I'll just throw out a few of the things I was thinking about and see if anyone thinks they are out of line.

- I doubt the lowest calling range (22+, etc) is reality at any level.

- I think that KJo is an auto-push

- I think this is a spot where letting the blinds go through you completely changes the way other people view your stack

- I push here even if ICM says it is slightly wrong

Agree? Disagree?

This situation comes up so often that I want to make sure I'm handling it correctly.