Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2005, 05:28 PM

Default After reading \'My failure as a poker pro (very long)\' by Ten7offsuit

***For those of you who do not know what 'My failure as a poker pro (very long)' is, check out the post list in this 'General' section of the forum. It is one of posts in this forum.

----------------------------------------------------------

I first want to thank Ten7offsuit for sharing his sobering story with all of us here. It was the post I was looking for so long.

------------well... let me introduce myself first-----------

I am turning 25 this year, and a graduate who have a BS degree in Aerospace engineering from one of better universities in the USA. I am outstanding in math just like other good engineering students. (I have perfect scores on all of the math tests you are aware of.) ....enough for bragging. Now let's go to my unsucessful poker story.

I have been playing poker for about a year now and have been losing money consistently even though I really believe that I play solid. (I could feel Ten7offsuit. I have also won a few tournaments like him ($5 buyin-200 entrants, a freeroll- 8k entrants) and been to final tables of a lot of online multi-table tournaments)

Straight to the point... I have lost about 1k-2k playing poker for about a year. I can't just figure out what I am doing wrong. (I have been playing 2-4 and 3-6.) I have studied a lot of hold'em books and am following 'Small Stakes Hold'em' by Ed Miller as my guideline. I seldom get on tilt.

Is it possible that I am on bad streak? for a year? or there should be something wrong with me?

Thanks,

GOMOOJOOL

PS. I want to be a pro poker player. (I really want to try out before I get older.) What's your advise? Are there any good posts in this forum that you want to advise me to read? Thanks.