Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Eagles Organization = Classless

Alright, let me first start out by saying I personally don't like TO. He acted like an ass during this whole process. What I didn't like however, was how the Eagles handled things, especially from such a "class" organization that I keep hearing from.

1)Nothing for TO's 100th TD. You bet your damn ass if it was a Dono record they would have celebrated it. It would have went a LONG way to patching up their relationship with TO, but them not being the "bigger man" it just gave TO more stuff to bitch about.

2)Blaming TO for the fight with Hugh Douglas and then using it against him. Do any of you know the TRUE story behind what happened here? Hugh Douglas is not an Eagle, he is just some hired shill who is an "ambassador" to the team, whatever the hell that is, and does some pregame radio show. Hugh Douglas went into the trainers room while TO was in there hurt (notice TO never missed a game) and proclamed that people in there were faking injuries.

If you were TO, who no one should ever question him faking being hurt especially a shill for the Eagles, wouldn't this set you off also?

3)Now, we have the latest developement from this "class" organization :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2238533

Quick summary, Jerry Jones said on a radio show

[ QUOTE ]
"In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road," Jones said when asked if the Cowboys might be interested in Owens. "I probably have a propensity to try and make things work. ... A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing."

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles, being a "class" organization, filed a complaint with the league because NFL bylaws prohibit "any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."

Give me a break Eagles... grow the [censored] up already. You're turning into worse than TO at this point.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Eagles Organization = Classless

This is standard. Against a division rival its mandatory.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:28 PM

I don't think the Eagles are blameless. The problem is next to TO, they're saints.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, let me first start out by saying I personally don't like TO. He acted like an ass during this whole process. What I didn't like however, was how the Eagles handled things, especially from such a "class" organization that I keep hearing from.

1)Nothing for TO's 100th TD. You bet your damn ass if it was a Dono record they would have celebrated it. It would have went a LONG way to patching up their relationship with TO, but them not being the "bigger man" it just gave TO more stuff to bitch about.

2)Blaming TO for the fight with Hugh Douglas and then using it against him. Do any of you know the TRUE story behind what happened here? Hugh Douglas is not an Eagle, he is just some hired shill who is an "ambassador" to the team, whatever the hell that is, and does some pregame radio show. Hugh Douglas went into the trainers room while TO was in there hurt (notice TO never missed a game) and proclamed that people in there were faking injuries.

If you were TO, who no one should ever question him faking being hurt especially a shill for the Eagles, wouldn't this set you off also?

3)Now, we have the latest developement from this "class" organization :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2238533

Quick summary, Jerry Jones said on a radio show

[ QUOTE ]
"In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road," Jones said when asked if the Cowboys might be interested in Owens. "I probably have a propensity to try and make things work. ... A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing."

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles, being a "class" organization, filed a complaint with the league because NFL bylaws prohibit "any interference by a member club with the employer-employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce a person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL."

Give me a break Eagles... grow the [censored] up already. You're turning into worse than TO at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kudos for saving that drowning kid, Drew..
Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 AM

Your being sarcastic here....right?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:37 AM

I agree. and as an eagle fan of 20 years i am sorely disappointed in them. and hijacking... andy reid is absolutely terrible at drafting players. they really need to seperate coach/GM. it just doesnt work.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
andy reid is absolutely terrible at drafting players.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hes not
Old 11-28-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. and as an eagle fan of 20 years i am sorely disappointed in them. and hijacking... andy reid is absolutely terrible at drafting players. they really need to seperate coach/GM. it just doesnt work.

[/ QUOTE ]
First in terms of the original post the eagles did not recognize T.O.'s 100TD because the origanization does not recognize individual acheivements.
Second Andy Reid is so terrible at drafting that he drafted
Donovan Mcnabb, Corey Simon,Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown(2), Michael Lewis(2), Brian Westbrook (3), L.J. Smith, Shawn Andrews has been good when he was healthy the Eagles have been one of the best organizations of the past 5 years and a lot of that is good drafting.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:57 AM

If the eagles don't recognize individual achievements, then how do you explain the retired numbers?
Not recognizing individual achievements is a really bad policy.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First in terms of the original post the eagles did not recognize T.O.'s 100TD because the origanization does not recognize individual acheivements.
Second Andy Reid is so terrible at drafting that he drafted
Donovan Mcnabb, Corey Simon,Lito Sheppard, Sheldon Brown(2), Michael Lewis(2), Brian Westbrook (3), L.J. Smith, Shawn Andrews has been good when he was healthy the Eagles have been one of the best organizations of the past 5 years and a lot of that is good drafting.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have no idea what you are talking about.