Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 10-10-2003, 05:22 PM

Default Problems getting poker tracker to work.

I downloaded the poker tracker trial version, but Im having a tough time getting it to work. I want it to tell empire to mail hand histories to my hotmail account. I used that wizard to make poker tracker able to retrieve hand histories from my hotmail account, but it doesnt retrieve them successfully. Im not on my computer right now, so I cant give specifics, but Ill post back this evening when I get home.

I think the main problem is: I dont know what to enter for the "server" name. I think i tried all sorts of variations of hotmail, hotmail.com, www.hotmail.com, but it didnt work. Im not even sure if I can get poker tracker to work with a webmail service like hotmail, but any solutions anyone has are much appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2003, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Problems getting poker tracker to work.

Pokertracker can't communicate directly to Hotmail. You have to manually save your hand histories to text files and import them using the "Select File(s) To Import" button.

Pokertracker help shows you how to do this step-by-step. On the Import Hand History screen, click on the link that asks if you're having trouble, and it will take you right to the place in the help that you need.

And, the Pokertracker guy is VERY good about helping users. I don't even know his name, but he's a good guy. Buy his product...it will help your game.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:17 PM

Poker Tracker cannot communicate with Hotmail or other web type email. As another poster mentioned, you can see on the help window how to save your hands to text files and import them that way.

Another trick that some people use is to create an account in MS Outlook Express that points to your Hotmail account. Because they are both Microsoft apps. they work well together. When you create the Hotmail account in OE, it will pull in all of you Hotmail folders and everything. Then you can read your emails in OE. You can take your hand history emails and move them from the Hotmail Inbox to the Local Folders Inbox and then use the "Check Email" button on the import window to load them directly. I know this sounds a bit involved but it's actually faster than saving hands to text files.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:07 AM

Thanks. Outlook has always perplexed me, but Ill work on it tonight, then hopefully Ill have poker tracker up and running for my sessions tomorrow.