Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Can\'t get Explorer to work

I use Firefox 99% of the time, but for some webpages they only work with Internet Explorer (ex. Will Hill cashier page). Anyways when I click on I/E nothing happens...OK, no problem I go to Microsoft and download I/E, then restart my computer. I click on the icon and still nothing happens. Any ideas?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Can\'t get Explorer to work

I think there is an extension for firefox that you can download and install that makes "IE only" pages work. Go to the firefox extension site or google for it.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 PM

I did the d/l and pages that have to open in I/E are not doing so. If I click on my I/E icon it does nothing, however I can access I/E via the Windows Explorer route for some reason. However some of the I/E based cashiers (ie Will Hill, Absolute store) hang up - In the past I would just click on I/E and they would open up, but I can't do this.

So I try to uninstall I/E but it won't let me because it says it is in use, but it is not even open. If I try to reinstall the latest I/E update it says that I can't since I have the latest version.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:15 PM

Reinstall Windows. Sometimes things are just irretrievably screwed... this is one of those occasions.