Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-20-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Last time I showed TT. Now I have KK, but should I call?

Literally my second hand at a Party 25NL table.

My first hand, I was in the BB. I got stupid and lucky in that hand, got into a blind defending war with the small blind, and ended up all in with a pair of tens on the flop.

I won that hand, and I bet the next hand the same way preflop and on the flop. That means the Villain in the second hand could think I have anything from TT to who knows what the second time around.

The difference is, in the second hand, I have KK.

On this second hand, the Villain's betting pattern shows strength. When I'm not being an idiot, I would normally let go of an unimproved overpair in these circumstances.

But does he just think I have trash, because I was an idiot on the first hand?

What do I do when he check-raises me on the flop?

Thanks.

----------
Party Poker (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">UTG calls. All fold to Villain on the Button who raises to $1. SB folds. Hero (SB) Raises to $3. BB folds. UTG folds. Villain calls.

Pot is $6.60 for the flop.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets $5. Villain raises to $15.

Hero ?.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Last time I showed TT. Now I have KK, but should I call?

push?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Followup question about Pokertracker stats

I have 271 Pokertracker hands on the Villain in this hand. When I have that much data, what kind of information should I look for that can help me make a good decision?

Thanks again.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:48 AM

Yeah, def. push. 1/5 of your stack is already in and the chances are good enough that the Villain is trying to get you back. You're wrong, you're wrong, but I think at 25 NL you gotta be all-in by now in the hand.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:51 AM

Sounds like you have 200BBs. What does villain have? If he only has $7-10 left, I'm pushing.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Followup question about Pokertracker stats

A loose (VP$IP &gt; 25), aggressive (AF &gt; 2) player could have a wider range of hands in this spot than a tight (VP$IP &lt; 20), weak (AF &lt; 1) player. The weak player may only raise you with better than top pair (i.e. a set, overpair). A really tight player might have just AA, KK, or QQ here.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:11 PM

since you don't seem to have any real read on this guy I don't think this is the time to make a big laydown, just shove it in and expect to be the favorite most of the times.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the answers so far.

Here are a couple of additional pieces of information that I forgot to mention in my original post:

1) Villain started the hand with $46.50. I started with $46.25. My push would be a pot-sized raise. Villain would have me covered, but would commit his whole stack by calling.

2) According to my Pokertracker stats, Villain has VP$IP of 15.13%, and PFR of 3.69%. Since he's on the button, I looked at his attempts to steal, and he's done zero attempts to steal in 16 opportunities.

Does any of that change the apparent concensus that pushing is in order here?
Old 07-20-2005, 02:46 PM

well that certainly makes this closer. He doesn't raise many hands, but it would take more control than I have to fold KK on a Q high flop.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Followup question about Pokertracker stats

if he check raises you, i'd just call. Its your second hand at the table, you have no idea what kind of hands he might play. I'd call then raise on the turn and go from there.There is a good chance he could be a little tilted.My guess is if he is aggressive enough to put you all-in just to defend his blinds in a low buy-in game, he probably is a loose aggressive player.