Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 4 - One vs. Twelve
Dumb and Dumber (12) 110 49.55%
The Princess Bride (1) 112 50.45%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Would you pullover and try to help?

About 4 AM Saturday morning, I'm driving home from playing tiddly winks with a decent amount of cash in my pocket (~$4,000, for the later question, change this amount to an amount you would consider significant and would only have on you after a very good day.). I'm on a large interstate, but traffic is light this time of night. The roads are fairly icey after a decent storm earlier in the day. I see a car that appears to have run off the road. Nobody has pulled over to try and help this person.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Would you pullover and try to help?

Yes, as soon as you are in your car, lock the doors and then put you Go Fish Money in the glove box and lock that. Then you don't have to work about things like that.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 11:50 PM

I often stop for people. I've done it to help them jump start their car, get gas, change a tire. And I've been on the other end, when not even the cops will stop for me when my tire blew out.

But in general, I won't stop for someone late at night. I guess I'm just afraid of the dark. Often too, I won't stop when I'm alone, I will just call the police and tell them about it.
(It surprises me how few people will even bother to call)

The money has nothing to do with it. I'd hide that in my car somewhere before helping.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:56 PM

I wont stop because I feel awkward offering help to strangers
Old 11-28-2005, 11:59 PM

I stop and try to see if its a young girl or not before deciding to get out or continue on my way.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I stop and try to see if its a young girl or not before deciding to get out or continue on my way.

[/ QUOTE ]
correct answer
Old 11-29-2005, 12:53 AM

$4000 in tiddly winks huh? thats g00T
Old 11-29-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I often stop for people. I've done it to help them jump start their car, get gas, change a tire. And I've been on the other end, when not even the cops will stop for me when my tire blew out.

But in general, I won't stop for someone late at night. I guess I'm just afraid of the dark. Often too, I won't stop when I'm alone, I will just call the police and tell them about it.
(It surprises me how few people will even bother to call)

The money has nothing to do with it. I'd hide that in my car somewhere before helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I wierd in the fact that I'm more willing to stop if I'm alone then if someone else is in the car?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:03 AM

No.

The correct answer is to call the police and see if the accident's already been reported. If not, report it.

It's neither your problem or your moral obligation to help people in distress. If you carry a phone, calling 911 is sufficient.

Kinda related, I was on my way to work (when I had a job) one morning and a car in front of me on the expressway went off the road, down a hill and into some trees. The hill was steep and probably 12 feet down. Five minutes later when I got off the expressway I called 911 to report what I saw, even though by then I figured someone else might have already called. Nonetheless I called and it was the first they'd heard about it.

Not that is in any way related, I just thought I'd share the last good deed I did, which was about 9 months ago.

PG
Old 11-29-2005, 01:29 AM

[censored] them is the correct answer in every circumstance. If its a hot chick, stop to [censored] her. If its anybody besides a hot chick, [censored] em- they dont need any help