Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Play along with Chesspain\'s JJ vs. two TAGs...

You guys seriously fold here? What a bunch of nits. Cap it away.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Continuing the action....

If Button just calls the 3-bet, I lead the turn. If he raises the turn, I fold (well, unless I caught a set or a third diamond).

If Button just calls the flop 3-bet and calls again on the turn, I probably would check-call the river. This is because I don't think I'm getting paid off by AK, I think QQ/KK is at least as likely as TT/99, Button might check behind with hands that beat me and also might bet with hands that don't, and I want to see a showdown at this point (without paying two more big bets to do it). I don't really know what plan is best on the river, though.

Anyway, this is assuming blanks are falling.

If Button caps the flop, I call. And then I probably check-fold the turn unimproved. If a diamond fell, I would check-call instead. And if a jack fell, I'd try to get as many bets in as possible.

One problem with my turn check-fold plan (after the flop is capped) is that Villain might play two big diamonds this way. However, that's probably not what he has, and once he bets the turn instead of checking behind, two big diamonds becomes somewhat less likely.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Play along with Chesspain\'s JJ vs. two TAGs...

FWIW, I think I dislike calling preflop here, because MP2 calls 100% of the time, when we call. When we cap, a TAG is going to be forced to fold a decent % of his hands.

IMO, getting the dead money in is worth more than the knowledge that he did/didnt cap and the slight equity defecit on our cap.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:03 AM

Bump.

Am I the only one who wants to play this hand postflop?

Anyway, I'm curious what other people's plans are.

All right, now I'm going back to Party to finish losing my bonus before I can clear it.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:53 AM

Default The rest of the hand...

Preflop: chesspain is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Based upon the significant drop off in the number of responses to this thread after the preflop action, I am guessing that the preflop decision was the only debateable part of the hand.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: The rest of the hand...

Button must have had Ax in diamonds, probably AK-AT.

Was it your intention to try and get it heads up by capping PF?
Old 06-04-2005, 11:50 AM

I think a stop and go is worth mentioning postflop, and it's my usual line, but I like the way you played it and I play it that way sometimes too
Old 06-04-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button must have had Ax in diamonds, probably AK-AT.

Was it your intention to try and get it heads up by capping PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I assumed that the openraiser may well have been opening light, I figured there was a good chance he had a hand as weak as a mid-PP against which I was ahead...or a hand with up to six outs such as KQ/AQ with which he might drop either right there, or on the flop if he missed (especially if he was afraid of getting trapped between the Button and me).
Old 06-04-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Button just calls the 3-bet, I lead the turn. If he raises the turn, I fold (well, unless I caught a set or a third diamond).

If Button just calls the flop 3-bet and calls again on the turn, I probably would check-call the river. This is because I don't think I'm getting paid off by AK, I think QQ/KK is at least as likely as TT/99, Button might check behind with hands that beat me and also might bet with hands that don't, and I want to see a showdown at this point (without paying two more big bets to do it). I don't really know what plan is best on the river, though.

Anyway, this is assuming blanks are falling.

If Button caps the flop, I call. And then I probably check-fold the turn unimproved. If a diamond fell, I would check-call instead. And if a jack fell, I'd try to get as many bets in as possible.

One problem with my turn check-fold plan (after the flop is capped) is that Villain might play two big diamonds this way. However, that's probably not what he has, and once he bets the turn instead of checking behind, two big diamonds becomes somewhat less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked every part of this post, especially the c/c on the river. I play this the same way.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a stop and go is worth mentioning postflop, and it's my usual line, but I like the way you played it and I play it that way sometimes too

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you folding to a raise on the turn?