Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: So the LAG checkraised both of us when the top card paired on the

My guess is the LAG is going to show you something like 55 or 44 for a boat. That being said, getting 9-1 on your call and knowing you'll be getting 11-1 on the river, I think you have to call here. If it were a loose passive, it would probably be a fold, but I think he's going to show you something like 99, JJ, or even an A high flush draw enough of the time to make this call worthwhile.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: So the LAG checkraised both of us when the top card paired on the

I'm not giving the donk-bettor credit for the ten. If he'd had a ten, he would have gone for a check-raise. Hell, he probably would have bet the flop.

I'm guessing the LAG had the same thought process, and when he saw you just call - indicating weakness - he went for the check-raise himself. I call him down. If he has the ten, you lose the minimum (short of folding), and you give him another chance to bluff the river.

I would have raised the donk-bet, because I don't believe him, but the way you did it also worked out pretty well.