Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-27-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Weight gainer

Anyone here know a good weight gainer?

I'm 130 lb and trying to gain 20 lb. From the little research that I did over the Internet, N-Large 2 looks good.

Thanks

Soh
Old 11-27-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Weight gainer

my friend had this and gave it to me because it made him feel queezy. Not the greatest tasting stuff in the world, but its edible. Mix it with some milk and ice, or even better some ice cream and you'll be fine. My mom said that sometimes this stuff is dangerous and can give you kidney stones and some other health problems because the amino acids aren't checked by the FDA or something and are often imported and impure. She's a doctor so I trust her. You should definitely look into what she said, I don't know how credible it is but I'm putting it out there for ya.

edited: important = imported
Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Thanks.

"...this stuff is dangerous and can give you kidney stones and some other health problems..."

I heard about this, too. I'm thinking about taking maybe half of what I'm suppose to take and quit once I gain 20 lb and hopefully maintain my weight just by eating enough.

Soh
Old 11-27-2005, 06:51 PM

eat healthly, ingest protein.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:04 PM

Weight gainers are pure [censored]. Low quality protien, bad carbs etc. You are better off getting a good high quality weigh/casien, mix in a blender a 2% milk, ice, tiny bit of sugar free chocolate sauce, and maybe some olive oil or cottage cheese. Getting stuff from teh store adn eating it is better thatn the [censored] you can get at GNC. Eating > Drinking thick shakes > drinking thin weight gainer shakes, but sometimes convenience is convenience.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:15 PM

I'm sure the stuff is bad, but I'm not too worried about it, as my plan is to take it for only 3 months or so.

"...sometimes convenience is convenience"

That's it. I have a hard time eating a lot. Plus, I changed my diet lately and don't eat red meat that much anymore, not that I was big when I was eating it.

Soh
Old 11-27-2005, 08:47 PM

i've used n-large for a few years and it does a decent job of keeping my weight up. i also have used muscle milk. both taste good. i have very poor eating habits and thus actually have trouble keeping at 180 pounds.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:51 PM

You are so much better off eating real food. Its not even close (although the muscle milk is not bad). The best way to gain weight, is to eat like you normally would, and make a shake right when you wake up...blend the cottage cheese, sugar-free choco syrup, chocolate whey, milk, and ice. Keep it in the blender, in the fridge, and drink 2-3 shakes a day, between your normal 3 meals.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:50 PM

Eat sticks of butter. If you do it in front of the video cameras, you can even get paid for it.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:03 PM

I would stay away from these things. You are way better off just eating alot. When I used to try and gain weight to play ball I would often blend peanut butter with chocholate protein powder into shakes this is actually really good and has to have a ton of calories.