Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-25-2005, 02:32 PM

Default 3 KQs hands

I'm trying to choose hands to post relatively randomly to try to pinpoint things I may be doing wrong regularly and not realize it.

Villain here is 55/0/.35

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.70 BB

Villain is 58/23/1.09

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

Same villain as the last one.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB
Old 08-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: 3 KQs hands

(I am almost always wrong, so don't follow any of my advice)

First hand, I am thinking I play it the same way, based on the Overcard Quandry article by Jason Pohl.

Second hand - I am folding on the flop bet, again based on the same article. It is a weak draw you have, and a VERY coordinated flop. Sure the turn and river were not too bad for you, but more times then not I think the turn and river are worse, and you are SOL, with the equivalent of 2 outs (discounted from the normal 3 based on the 3 to a flush on the flop).

Third Hand - I am playing it the same but folding on the flop to a check raise, and folding to anyone leading out on the turn.

Margon
Old 08-25-2005, 02:45 PM

My not very sophisticated opinions are:

Hand 1. I play the same, the pot is too small to call.

Hand 2. The pot is pretty big since it was 3-bet pre-flop but I would peel the flop and see what happened next. I would probably raise the flop if it wasn't monotone and then sometimes bet, sometimes check-through the turn.

Hand 3. I play the same.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(I am almost always wrong, so don't follow any of my advice)

First hand, I am thinking I play it the same way, based on the Overcard Quandry article by Jason Pohl.

Second hand - I am folding on the flop bet, again based on the same article. It is a weak draw you have, and a VERY coordinated flop. Sure the turn and river were not too bad for you, but more times then not I think the turn and river are worse, and you are SOL, with the equivalent of 2 outs (discounted from the normal 3 based on the 3 to a flush on the flop).

Third Hand - I am playing it the same but folding on the flop to a check raise, and folding to anyone leading out on the turn.

Margon

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a link to that Pohl article?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:49 PM

Sorry I don't, it is part of a big .pdf that I printed from this message board, but I can not seem to find that either right now.

It was a starting guide for 6-max, 150 or so pages, full of lots of good info.

Margon
Old 08-25-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I don't, it is part of a big .pdf that I printed from this message board, but I can not seem to find that either right now.

It was a starting guide for 6-max, 150 or so pages, full of lots of good info.

Margon

[/ QUOTE ]

damn i want that thing!
Old 08-25-2005, 02:54 PM

Here you go.