Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 PM

Default i suck at 5/10...

I am just terrible at 5/10. Making the jump managed to turn me from a 5BB/100 winner at 3/6 to a .34BB/100 loser. I am terrible at posting single hands for review, and I think I probably have a few too many leaks for just a few hands to fix. Basically, I'm curious if anyone would care to take a look at my PT 5/10 database and help me plug some leaks? Or would it perhaps be more effective to post an entire session here?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: i suck at 5/10...

sample size
Old 08-11-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sample size

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame response.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find people willing to analyze whole poker sessions. Why are you terrible at posting hands for review? This is the best tool you can learn to get better. You'll not only get advice from good players on this board, but it forces you to really think about the way you played hands and analyze your reads more thoroughly. More often it's not so much a person is terrible at posting hand evaluations, but that they're not willing to put in the critical thinking to make it worth discussing. If the latter thinking is the true reason for your not posting, then I think it answers a lot of questions regarding your 5/10 winrate.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sample size

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame response.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find people willing to analyze whole poker sessions. Why are you terrible at posting hands for review? This is the best tool you can learn to get better. You'll not only get advice from good players on this board, but it forces you to really think about the way you played hands and analyze your reads more thoroughly. More often it's not so much a person is terrible at posting hand evaluations, but that they're not willing to put in the critical thinking to make it worth discussing. If the latter thinking is the true reason for your not posting, then I think it answers a lot of questions regarding your 5/10 winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, to be quite frank, my concern is that my leaks are the ones i don't notice. I'm sure that there are a lot of hands I play that I don't realize are leaks, perhaps because they have been working more frequently than they should, or for other reasons. when i see a hand that confuses me, i can look at it and post it. but i'm worried that the ones that aren't confusing me are causing me the problems.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:38 PM

are your reviewing your hands *AFTER* your sessions. If not, you my be suprised by what u find.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:53 PM

i only have a few hands on you....one was A7s in the SB after one limper, where IMO you should have raised pf (you made a flush).....another was where you had A3o in the BB HU with SB and SB donkbet the river with an ace on the board, IMO you should raise there....i only have 28 hands on you, but your bb/100 is +48.39 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just terrible at 5/10. Making the jump managed to turn me from a 5BB/100 winner at 3/6 to a .34BB/100 loser. I am terrible at posting single hands for review, and I think I probably have a few too many leaks for just a few hands to fix. Basically, I'm curious if anyone would care to take a look at my PT 5/10 database and help me plug some leaks? Or would it perhaps be more effective to post an entire session here?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the most helpful things you can do, is after your session, look at the hands you lost the most and the hands you won the most. Eliminate teh totally boring ones (flop top set, turn top full get paid off for 8BBs or flop top set lose to a gutshot) and just post some seemingly random ones. It doesn't seem random after all that, but after eliminating the totally boring ones post some that seem routine to you. Frequently they will not be routine to other people and you will get some very good criticism.