Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Another principled conservative tells it like it is

From prof. Stephen Barnbridge's blog:

The Bed Wetting Right? A.K.A. "So I'm a RINO. So Sue Me."

Tony Snow on the reaction to Hurricane Katrina:

Let's face it, the political left -- aided and abetted by Pat Buchanan and members of the bed-wetting right -- made utter fools of themselves.

At the risk of being accused of being a candidate for Depends, let's review some basic facts:

* The head of the National Guard has acknowledged that the deployment of his personnel to Iraq delayed the response to Katrina by at least a day
* Senior Bush administration personnel told the NYT that politics delayed their response
* Bush's choice to head FEMA has been relieved
* Conservative pundit/NRO Corner blogger Rod Dreher observes that "a raft of FEMA's top leaders have little or no emergency management experience, but are instead politically well connected to the GOP and the White House. This is a scandal, a real scandal. How is it possible that four years after 9/11, the president treats a federal agency vital to homeland security as a patronage prize?"

There's a big difference between incontinence and telling the truth about an administration that is, if I may resort to being crude, screwing the pooch. Only fanatical Bush defenders like Snow can't see the difference. It's time for real conservatives and RINOs to unite in holding this administration's feet to the fire. As I've said multiple times - see. e.g., Iraq and Katrina and What Might Have Been - Bush is pissing away the conservative moment with his incompetence and tone deafness.

Full post (with links) here
Old 09-10-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Calling Bull****

* The head of the National Guard has acknowledged that the deployment of his personnel to Iraq delayed the response to Katrina by at least a day
Link?..........or did you just make this up?

* Senior Bush administration personnel told the NYT that politics delayed their response
Old 09-10-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Calling Bull****

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a blog entry... so someone else made it up for him.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Check again

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have missed the last sentence. Let me say it again:

FULL POST (WITH LINKS) HERE

When you're done, tell your buddy Bob. I won't wait for your apology.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Calling your bluff

[ QUOTE ]
Lt. Gen. Steven Blum, chief of the National Guard Bureau, said that "arguably" a day or so of response time was lost due to the absence of the Mississippi National Guard's 155th Infantry Brigade and Louisiana's 256th Infantry Brigade, each with thousands of troops in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iraq delayed National Guard Response
Old 09-10-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re-raise

[ QUOTE ]
For reasons of practicality and politics, officials at the Justice Department and the Pentagon, and then at the White House, decided not to urge Mr. Bush to take command of the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Another principled conservative tells it like it is

I think it'll be a lot like the Monica Lewinsky Scandal, though obviously a lot more severe since getting a blowjob isn't quite up there with a natural disaster that kills people -.... - besides, we impeach for blowjobs, not for mental incompetence to do one's job.

This will be the defining moment of GWB's presidency - when people look back, they'll say it was an inept and bumbling administration that finally paid the price when Katrina came thru - - rescue workers already call the flooded portions of New Orleans "Lake George"

and any possible good that this administration might have done (and you'll have to look hard to find it) will be totally obliterated by the way this Executive Branch handled the situation, from bungled dispatches to handing out cherry positions in FEMA to political allies with no experience.

it's too bad so much destruction had to happen to open people's eyes to the incompetence of this adminstration, but then, if you keep getting behind the wheel when you are in no condition to operate it, you're eventually gonna crash it into something.

In a way, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later - maybe now, we have time to expose the facts and rectify it in 2008

On another side note, I think the press is finally getting some balls - CNN is suing to be allowed to cover the recovery/rescue process -

(the side story - FEMA was banning them from covering operations of body retrieval, but CNN got a restraining order - apparently they can cover the Southeast Tsunami and Iraq, but when it's not politically expediant, we try to keep them from counting our own dead - not this time)

Anderson Cooper is definately one of my new favorite commentators -

RB
Old 09-10-2005, 10:27 PM

Default They went that a-way

I like most neo-cons on this page.

They are fast with responses and loose with facts.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Check again

Kudos for the amount of ass Elliot has kicked over the last 2 weeks or so. I am a fan.

Sir, you are an exceprional poster. Nice thread.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:59 PM

Default All-In

I was in the regular army and the reserves.
Forces deployed in Iraq should have ZERO impact on how fast domestic forces can be deployed. Either the press misquoted him or this general is full of it. If anything it is EASIER to mobilize a smaller force than a larger one.....

Care to post a link to back up you 2nd statement.