Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Bankroll Management

I've been hearing a lot about bankroll management lately. I'm also trying to plug the leaks in my game. I play 6max Short-Handed.

Anyways, can someone briefly (or detailed) explain to me how to effectively use bankroll management in Poker? Or, can someone direct me to where I need to go to read about it? I searched for it, but came up with nothing.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Management

Hi,

BR management is mostly about looknig after your funds and being comfortable enough to play in the games you BR is suited for. In 6max games the recommended amount of buyins is usually about 20+ buyings for NL games, ensuring you dont dent your savings in one or two bust outs.

Keep searching there is plenty about this on the forums.

Ric
Old 12-20-2005, 04:35 PM

Has there been any threads on bankroll for shorthand limit games? I am experiencing bigger swings than at full-ring, but still feel safe with a 300 bb roll.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:19 PM

You are right to experience these swings. My SD for full ring is 12, and 6max is 18. 300 BB is a little iffy, especially if you aren't building. Losing 150BB in 2k hands at that game is not uncommon and that's half of what you have. If you don't want to have to ever more down to keep your ROR minimal, you should have at least 500BB, but ideally 700-1000 to feel comfortable.

I've been consistently winning for over 100k hands, and I've recently experiences a 350BB downswing, and this is miniscule compared to what some of the pros experience.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 PM

Part of bankroll management is moving down when you become unrolled for the limit at which you are playing at. A while ago because of this I jumped back and forth between 3-6 and 5-10 for about 1.5 months (I play a lot of hands too)