Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 08:59 PM

Default 3 all in before me what is the move here?

I am playing in a real live table 7 handed with .25 and.5 blinds. I have 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB with a stack of 24$. The button+1 and the button both limp as well as the small blind. I check and the flop comes 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . The small blind checks, I check and the button+1 who has about 60$ pushes all in. The button immediately calls for his remaining 16$ and the small blind also calls for his remaining 18$ putting me in a very interesting spot. Three guys all in before me so great pot odds and i have 5 high flush draw for my remaining 24$. My read on these players is that they tend to bet alot but rarely get all their money in the pot very often without a monster and most of the time will not do it with a draw either. What is the move here?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: 3 all in before me what is the move here?

Your odds are not good enough for a flush draw and who knows someone may have a higher flush draw. I say fold.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:11 PM

easiest fold ever.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 PM

Easy fold. I don't think I want to go against 3 other all in hands with pretty much the lowest possible flush draw for all my money.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:42 PM

Fold. You haven't even made your hand yet. There's a great chance you won't even make your hand, let alone make it and get beat by a higher flush. Not only that but think of how little chips you've put into the pot. Fold, lose your big blind, and make chips in a better situation.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:56 PM

This hand would be more intresting if you held the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], in which case I think is a call.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:03 PM

The results of this hand were as follows, after a long time i ended up folding, the first two players show 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and the third player shows j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], the turn was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and the river was A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I would have won the pot had i not folded which is why i was curious if it was a fold. Thx for the input.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:36 PM

good fold, man. I hate those results, but that's the only play.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:03 AM

Even I know this is a "get the hell out". Despite the good pot odds, you have to put someone on the nut (or a better) flush draw, which makes your needed pot odds go up to about 41 to 1.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:44 AM

Its like they say in Rounders, "get your money in when you got the best of it, and protect it when you dont. Dont give anything anyway"

Sorry for the cliche, but easiest fold ever. Wait for your turn.