Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Mobile Poker

Anybody have information on options for playing poker remotely? I've got time to kill during my commute by bus every day and am wondering if there's any way to play 'real' poker on my phone. I seem to remember seeing something about this a while back, but can't find it with the search function.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Mobile Poker

I download Hellmuth's game and it doesn't fuggin work for me.

It keeps saying that whatever name I pick is taken, and it doens't make me feel good that HellmuthHoldem.com is down.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:43 PM

https://www.pokerroom.com/mobile/
Old 10-27-2005, 08:15 AM

Has anyone tried pokerroom's mobile client? Comments?? I've tried to download it but it doesn't support by phone model.

I like the idea of playing poker on my mobile but is it worth upgrading to a new phone? How is the quality of the game? Disconnetions? Graphics etc.???? <font color="red"> </font>
Old 10-27-2005, 09:33 AM

I bought a supported phone specifically for pokerroom mobile poker, and downloaded the client. I can play it for play money against computer opponents and it works fine, but I can't get my phone to connect to the pokerroom servers to play real money. I've called pokerroom, and they say it's a T-mobile problem and I've called T-mobile and they say it's a pokerroom problem - I got tired of the runaround and just quit trying.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:00 AM

I've been playing the mobile poker for a while and it works just fine. Too bad that there's no tournaments. Would make my bus rides so much sweeter. The game runs nice with barly any disconnects.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:25 AM

it's so cool to play 500/1000 on your mobile [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 07:51 AM

Could someone who has got this working do us all a big favour, and post a full review + write up? Would be damn helpful.

E.g. How u got it working, what games are available, state of opposition on the network, playability, maybe some screenshots etc.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:13 AM

Mr. Lance - Who is your service provider?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:08 PM

check out a wireless aircard for your PC. i used to have one through cingular. plug it into the slot in your laptop and u can run 4 tables on any client plus you have full internet access and access to pokertracker and gametime/pokerace and 2p2. get the unlimited access plan cuz you will need it. it costs about $100 a month but its worth it if you travel a lot and play 2/4 or better