Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Distroyed this QQ hand, help me fix it.

nl25 10 handed, stacks 100bb.
villain is loose/agg/?? not to sure about his post flop AF

hero is delt [Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
limper calls $0.25 villain raises to $1.25. hero raises to $4.50. Villain calls $3.25 limper folds.

*** FLOP *** [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
villain checks. hero bets $5. villain raises to $34.55, and is all in. hero folds.

is betting the flop a bad idea? should i just check behind and play poker on the turn, or should i fire a strong cont bet here. my 5$ bet was pretty weak. any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Distroyed this QQ hand, help me fix it.

Grunch

This is an automatic bet, villain showed weakness by checking, you have to fire and try to take the pot down right here right now. $8-$9 would be a good bet size, with a half-pot sized bet, now you don't know where you stand when villain raises.

Checking behind is generally a bad idea in situations like these because if you don't improve on the turn, what will you do when your opponents makes a pot sized bet into you? You have no idea where you stand at this point and you're either forced to lay down your hand or fire back at him, which you are now paying a lot more for essentially the same information.

With no reads on the villain and given that this is NL25, I doubt villain has you beat on the flop. He's most likely semi-bluffing with a flush draw, possibly KQdd or KJdd.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:01 PM

I think villain has AK here everytime, fold and get your money in on a better flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think villain has AK here everytime, fold and get your money in on a better flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Why? The OP considers the villain to be a PF LAG player, granted there's a good chance he has AK but I wouldn't go so far as too say EVERYTIME. You're right though, without a better read on the villain this is clearly a fold. However, if Hero has $5 left after the flop bet, this is an easy all-in.