Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM

Default My PT stats at 40k hands. Opinions please.

From Poker Tracker. At full ring $25NL/PL, $50NL/PL using ed miller SS style.

Total Sessions: 1395
Total Hands 39, 814
Hours Played 663.40
Total Won $563.94
WR/HR: $0.85 -- Big Bets/Hr.: 1.57
WR/100: $1.42 -- Big Bets/100.: 2.62
Showdown Win %: 55.13
Standard Deviation/Hr: $16.612 -- 30.3690 Big Bets
Standard Deviation/100: $19.2642 -- 34.9684 Big Bets
Old 11-17-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: My PT stats at 40k hands. Opinions please.

Hi,

First thing id say is thanks for sticking in your stats- Can i ask- whats your VPIP stats and fold blind to steal stats etc. These are quite important.

I must say that i think your winrate is somewhat on the low side- although if you are comfortably eeking out a profit you can only improve with time.

Your BB/100 at these sort of games should be at least double if not treble what they are at the minute, especially at these smaller stakes. I play these myself and find i can beat them for over 10 BB/100 if not more.

Some basic advice i would get is to play your big hands fast. If you have AA/KK etc etc. Raise a good 5x BB if not more and often you get callers with alsorts of junk. There shouldnt be any 'slow-playing' pf in these games unless you are certain someone will raise if you limp.

Post-flop the money is in sets and good TPTK/2 pair hand- youll be suprised at what people call you down with- don't get too crazy with the latter 2 but they are still good money makers.
Hitting sets is where you can stack your opponents- Check call/check raise turn type moves here i found are really effective if you flop a set- i like betting out if an ace or king comes on turn or river if you think it has helped villain.

Also can you post some of your win % for your top group 1 hands ie: AA/KK/AK/QQ etc and everyone can have a look at where you may be loosing out. It could be just that your simply playing too many junk hands and getting out kickered or have opponents with higher pairs etc. Certainly something is off somewhat.

Ric.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:36 PM

For party NL/PL 25, I think your BB/100 should be at least 8- it is THE most beatable NL on the internet (besides micro NL). You probably still have some leaks to fix up, but at least you're slightly winning.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Poker Tracker. At full ring $25NL/PL, $50NL/PL using ed miller SS style.

Total Sessions: 1395
Total Hands 39, 814
Hours Played 663.40
Total Won $563.94
WR/HR: $0.85 -- Big Bets/Hr.: 1.57
WR/100: $1.42 -- Big Bets/100.: 2.62
Showdown Win %: 55.13
Standard Deviation/Hr: $16.612 -- 30.3690 Big Bets
Standard Deviation/100: $19.2642 -- 34.9684 Big Bets

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are new to the NL games, then good for you. This is a solid start towards winning. Your VP$IP and your aggression numbers would be helpful here, just to get an idea of what you are playing - and whether you need to do more raising.

The $25 and $50 games are reliable for good income, and you can expect your numbers to climb as high as 10xBB (poker tracker obviously would 20x the big blind) I never quite got there, but you can see where you need to get.

FWIW, I just checked my pokertracker stats, and I had 34,773 hands at $50 in 2004 - and my rate was 8.48/100, and fell to 7.02bb/100 at the $100 game - so just keep plugging away and you can get there too.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 11:15 PM

HEY EVERYONE,
he is using a shortstacked strategy ala Getting Started In Hold'em by Ed Miller.

He buys in for about 20 times the big blind, not a full buyin.

Anyways, thanks for the stats. I use this strategy when I don't feel like playing limit ring games while clearing a bonus.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HEY EVERYONE,
he is using a shortstacked strategy ala Getting Started In Hold'em by Ed Miller.

He buys in for about 20 times the big blind, not a full buyin.

Anyways, thanks for the stats. I use this strategy when I don't feel like playing limit ring games while clearing a bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now that he is properly rolled for the $25's, he should start buying in for the full $25 and start making some real money with it.

I didn't realize he was playing the SS style, and I was going to comment that his standard deviation was really low, suggesting weak/tight play? Anyway, this isn't the case. He should post up new stats after 10k hands w/ full buyins.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:58 PM

I think his SD is low because of the style of play he is using, not because of weak/tight. With 20x the big blind, you don't have much movement in NL cash games.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:38 PM

Here are more stats...as requested. took me a while to put up here.

Yes a reminder.. I am playing small stacks. I want to do the best I can do at small stacks before moving onto medium stacks, full stacks. I KNOW I am not doing the best I can do at small stacks yet.

I posted some other stats (known starting hands) with a few thousand more hands:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...vc=#Post3979042

Can anybody spy a leak? I'm trying to get my SS play to be near optimal before moving onto med stack, and then full stack
Old 11-19-2005, 02:32 AM

VPIP and AF stats posted. see below. Known hands % stats posted in the other thread.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:10 PM

Get out of the kiddy pool and start playing some poker? VP$IP 5 percent? I guess you're just playing AA, KK, AKs or QQ? I mean, yeah, at this limit, you can continue to eek out your tiny profits playing robotic ABC nutpeddling on short-buyins with that small range, but why not try to buy in full, expand your hand range, and play something a little more challenging? If you find you can't win at the $25's with a full buy in, playing a larger amount of hands, I guess you can always go back to making $1/hour.