Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 AM

Default AA Hand

.05/.10 No reads

I have red aces in the BB. One limp to the SB (Villain) who raises to .40. I re-raise to $1.20. We lose the limper and the SB calls.

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

SB leads into me for $1.20. With that flop I'm sure he has some kind of pocket pair or maybe AK/AQ of spades. I decided to call to induce another bet and get him more committed with what I thought was a 99/TT/JJ type hand that I might lose with a raise.

Turn pairs the board, a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He bets $3 to me. I figure that's a good enough card for me, and push in, he has $5.50 left after his $3 bet and I cover. Should I think I'm behind anywhere in this hand?

How's my line?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: AA Hand

I would raise the flop.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:48 AM

Care to elaborate? A good player is probably going to give up a small overpair after getting re-raised preflop and getting raised on the flop. Granted I don't know if he's a good player or not, but I like to give unknown players a little credit until I'm shown otherwise.

Maybe he'll call a flop raise with QQ or KK, but I think he's lower than that. He'll surely fire again on a low turn card because it looks to him like I'm drawing and he wouldn't want to give a free card, but he'll gladly stack me on the flop with a flopped set of 8's or sevens. I'm probably losing a lot this hand if I'm beat, but I think calling the flop gets more value out of hands I'm beating, but I'm sure there is a good reason to raise the flop.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:33 AM

I re-raise his flop bet. I want to know if he is serious or playing back at that point. He could of hit a set or two pair on flop. .10NL tons of players call significant raises with suited connectors or hands in the flop range.

I dont think you can be looking to milk AA with this flop. AA's break to easy at .10, and sometimes ya have to be happy winning a smaller pot.

If he pushes after your re-raise then you get to decide if you are going down with the ship, or snapping off his overpair. Either way, I like to play this hand faster rather than slower.