Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: When is Automatic not

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but curtains once had a go at me for folding in a situation like this, for fear of "giving the short stack life", and he was bang on. You cannot fold here if you like money. Sorry to be blunt again, but it really is that simple.

I could only envisage folding here if you were the big stack, or 2nd big stack and big stack was being extremely passive, in order to keep shorty alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not so much giving the shorty life, as it is taking away chips out of your own stack that i don't like. then again, i play weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I would agree with you that if I din't have a read on villian that he would just call a below average hand. I should have made that more clear rather than just saying that I put villain on an above average hand with the push. As I already meantioned he confirmend that he could have checked if he didn't have anything. I think He had a suited K.

With the read I figured if he checked than a push on the flop would actually enable him to lay down small cards on a missed flop.

After the failed stop-n-go I called because of the increased pot odds, although I am still on the wall with that one. A fold at that point still keeps me tied for 2nd and with an above average hand I am now better than 70% to end up with the lowest stack.

However, if it were not for the third short stack, I would agree with tigerite and Exitonly to just push BTF since it would be too negative EV and the chip position component would not be there.