Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 04:11 AM

Default 7 plyrs left, 5 plyrs limp... I go all in on the BB with KJos

Ok here it goes. I played in a tournament and got down to 7 players and we made a deal where the 7 remaining get $400 each and then the top 3 after that get money for 1st ($500), 2nd ($300) and 3rd ($200). The table had been extremely tight because people wanted to cash previous to our deal making (the top 4 spots were to be paid if no deal was made). After the deal was made we played three more hands and this hand occured.

NL Hold em. Blinds are 4000/8000. 7 handed. 6 players have stacks of 50-60k and the chip leader has about 80k.

UTG - limps for 8000
Seat 2 - limps for 8000
Seat 3 - folds
Seat 4 (chip leader) - limps for 8000
Seat 5 - limps for 8000
SB - limps for 8000
BB - (me) I go all in for 54k with KJos

Since we got to the final table, no player had really successfully limped without getting raised and then after the deal, this happens where almost every player was in the pot.

Was I wrong to try and pick this huge pot up with a paltry KJos? I know that the chances of me getting called were very good, but when so many people show weakness and because of how tight the table was, I thought that I might be able to pick up the whole pot or at least get it down to me and another player. Another thought is that if I was to win this hand I would be in top shape to win the whole thing. There was 48k in the pot before it got to me. I put my remaining 54k in to either win that 48k straight up or double up my stack plus the 48k in the pot... 150k all together. Is this proper thinking?

After I go all in... Everyone folds but seat 2 who, himself goes all in and we are heads up. He turns over Queens! WTF!!!!? After Seat 1 limps, he limped too with queens.... unreal. I lost the hand and was bounced out and now I'm pissed cause of how the hand turned out. I surely wasnt expecting to see queens in this situation. I just want to know if this was a correct play and what were some other ways to play the hand. I could have checked and just saw the flop, but I felt there was too much money out there to just check and hope for a good flop for KJ against 5 other people. With all that dead money out there.. I had to try something be it donking out like a did or not. PLease tell me how some of you would play this out... I would really appreciate it.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: 7 plyrs left, 5 plyrs limp... I go all in on the BB with KJos

[ QUOTE ]
no player had really successfully limped without getting raised

[/ QUOTE ]

good reason for a monster hand to limp.

Also any hands that do call you here will probably have you dominated.

Best you can hope for is 99 I think.

I think I would check to see a flop and hope for twopair or a straight. otherwise it doesn't look good.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: 7 plyrs left, 5 plyrs limp... I go all in on the BB with KJos

do this with 89s, not KJ. In the specific hand that would've been wrong, but if you assume there are no premium pairs involved, you wanna make this play with a hand that's not dominated.