Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 02:28 PM

Default KK, 2-4, confused at what to do.

Hero has 600 and is in CO, Button has 160, SB has 550. Hero Dealt KK, EP and MP folds, Hero raises to 16, CO reraise to 32, SB thinks and reraises to 50. Hero's action?

I elect to just call and wanted to make a decision on the flop. it's still proper for me to call and try to hit a K if on the flop i truly feel im behind or if a bad flop hits (QJ8/A)I feel like this rational is faulty since I would have been uncomfortable if both an A hit or an A didn't hit since the button is still there with 120ish behind. I would have been more comfortable had an A hit, since then i feel that the SB's holding would more likely be QQ, but I wouldnt have gotten any money if that was the case.

SB is uber-tight
Anyway...

FLop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], two clubs, I have no clubs. SB checks, my line?
Button has about 110 left and SB has 500. Do i just check this through once and bet/call turn if checked to again for value?

is my preflop play gay?

I mostly want my preflop play analyzed. If it was just me and SB and say button folded, should i be comfortable with that A out there? If i had 88, I guess it comes down to if I can move him off big pair
Old 11-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: KK, 2-4, confused at what to do.

Edit your post. You say CO when you mean button. I would put button in preflop and push any flop.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 PM

I assume this is online since I have never heard of a live 2/4 NL game.

I would make it 150 preflop and fold to a push.

As played, I would check and see what the button does, really tight players dont 3-bet raise AK online in my experience so I think there is a good chance you are ahead of the SB
Old 11-22-2005, 05:00 PM

Pre-flop you're missing lots of value with this hand if you don't re-pop and there is no reason to not get your chips in if possible. This is going to make a very difficult flop decision if an Ace flops.

I'd make it two-hundred straight. It would be nice to take this down down without seeing a flop. Push any flop seems like a better line after building this pot.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:05 PM

wrong forum
Old 11-22-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought 2/4 is good here? does 3/6NL count?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wrong forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought 2/4 is good here? does 3/6NL count?

[/ QUOTE ]

It counts... I think he thought you were talking about limit.

Anyways... with KK... all my money is going in preflop... if AK calls and hits an ace... oh well.

If he has Aces, oh well. The play on-line is so uber-aggressive... I just get all my money in preflop, knowing it has huge +EV, and hope for the best.

I tried playing it so many different ways, and here is the thing I found. AA is going to call anyways, and you're rarely going to fold on a ragged flop- you pay him off anyways.

AK usually calls anyways, and sometimes you save money if you see an A on the flop, however; you also allow yourself to get out-played with KK if you see an ace on the flop.

You aren't charging underpairs enough money to hit a set if you don't push all-in preflop or re-raise a 2nd/ 3rd time.

If you loose with KK... welcome to Poker I'll buy you a beer.