Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Party 25NL. AK tptk, bets pot gets two callers.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, MP1 :#A500AF(Villan)/ calls $0.25, 2 folds, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, SB (poster) completes, Hero raises to $0.5, UTG calls $0.50, MP1 :#A500AF(Villan)/ calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure everyone told you that if you are going to raise, you must raise more, especially since you are going to be at a positional disadvantage for the rest of the hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($3.25) 7, A, 8 (4 players)
Hero bets $3, UTG folds, Villan calls $3, CO calls $3.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part of the hand is fine. You cannot risk letting a free card come off here. The two callers may not be giving you as much respect as they should here becuase you did not define your hand that well preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ($12.25) 3 (3 players)
Hero ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you have to use the information you have up to this point to make a decision. They both limped pre-flop right? What would that do that with--weak aces, weak suited aces, suited connectors, small pocket pairs, maybe hands like AJo ATo, KJo KQo.

Now what kind of hand would call a pot sized bet on the flop. The flush draws will almost always call in this game. Hell, even a bare OESD will call in this game. The weak aces are almost certainly going to call in this game.

I think will that board and since you showed some strength preflop, the two pair and set hands are going to raise you on the flop.

So what do I suggest? A push. Flame away.