Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:42 AM

Default How should I approach this hand? Black JJ in the SB

6 handed. 2-4 on FTP. Villian has 200 to start the hand. Hero has 400 in the SB. BB has 300. No solid reads althoug Villian has raised preflop a couple time in 5-6 hands and continuation bet both times.

Villian raises to 18 in CO, button folds, I elect to call so lets not advise me here to reraise, BB calls unfortunately.

Flop is 899 two clubs. Whats the best line to take for pot control and not leaving a door open to get blown out of the pot. I feel like check/calling, leading turn is a good line, but what if that turn is a third club?

Anyway I bet 40 on the flop, got called by the Villian, check/folded when a third club hit and when he bet 110 on hte turn. I feel like I took the worst line because I left myself open to have the pot taken away, lost value when he would have bet with hands like AT. I bet mostly to figure out BB holding, but I feel like that was a lesser reason compared to the other two.

Thoughts?

Should I check/call, lead turn in most cases? What if turn is a three suit making me a 4 flush? Check/call again and lead river if I make a flush or if he bets turn? Check/call river if turn goes check/check?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: How should I approach this hand? Black JJ in the SB

.... push turn?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: How should I approach this hand? Black JJ in the SB

if you elected to lead the flop, i think you have to bet the turn. this is shorthanded and he has position on you, it's way too weak to immediately put him on teh flush or a better pair. if he calls, i river a j and stack AK of clubs.