Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Don\'t know how to classify this hand (bad bead, major suck out, ??

You have enough posts. Stop padding.

-Diplomat
Old 07-07-2004, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Don\'t know how to classify this hand (bad bead, major suck out, ???)

LOL-- I thought he was trying to get out another T because the pot was so big he didn't want someone else to hit their kicker. Not that I agree with this thinking, but then I don't agree with the pre-flop call either.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Don\'t know how to classify this hand (bad bead, major suck out, ???)

hi lrao
whenever you hit powerfully like this with an aggressive betting into you, and a SB behind you who may be looking to check-raise, it's sometimes (not always) a good idea to slow-play. the reason to slow a little in this spot is because not only might the SB fold hands that cannot improve over yours, but if there is some chance that he is checking to check-raise, a raise of the aggressive might not only discourage his check-raise, but he may also check-call instead of betting out on the expensive round. whenever i hear about a SB possibly being spooked into passively calling, i think, 'oh my'. we must never spook a lively SB. well lrao, you can relax. if this SB was lively, he is also dangerously unreadable. and it is well that you tried to fold him out. if you do encounter a lively SB, do not cap from LP, especially in a good multi-way, with your powerful hands that figure to be in the lead. you want the SB to betout and drive the action around to you on the expensive round. in short-handed games, you should usually raise just as you did, with hands not quite as strong as yours, when the pot is a little bit larger than the one posted, when the SB is lively. however, the stronger your hand, and the smaller the pot, the more you need to consider slow-playing those times the SB drops out of the lively range, to less than lively but greater than well adjusted. somewhere in there. does he have bounce in his step? does he carry a lot pens around in his top pocket? with a pull over sweater? he almost qualifies lrao. if you whispered 'mr. rogers', that would get the bingo.

you didn't err here lrao. i'd rather watch a half-hour episode of 'the alan greenspan show' than i would waiting around for signs of life from this blind. if this SB was going to raise you, it would have been a quarter of a percent at a time.

no pens, no bounce,.....no slow-play. you did fine.

on the river lrao, should you bet? ybysa you should.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:53 AM

Does it really matter how you classify it?

In your opinion did you play this hand well on every street? Hint consider carefully your pre-flop action.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:05 PM

Default elysium has some good advice

[ QUOTE ]
the reason to slow a little in this spot is because not only might the SB fold hands that cannot improve over yours, but if there is some chance that he is checking to check-raise, a raise of the aggressive might not only discourage his check-raise, but he may also check-call instead of betting out on the expensive round.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point.