Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Don\'t know how to classify this hand (bad bead, major suck out, ??

you don't get it...you're not skilled enough to play that marginal hand even if you don't respect the raiser..FOLD!!!

on the flop you're STILL not understanding that given you're read you need to CALL NOT RAISE!! you want them to hit their draws and you make them think they're getting a good price...they're not because the draws are drawing dead to your boat...this way you'll risk little (very safe flop for your hand) in order to gain much (excessive action on later streets from hands that wouldn't have given it w/o a flop call--they'd suspect a boat quicker and give less action with their completed draw after you raise the flop)...you're just not getting it...

please go and study, play lower limit, and listen to what those who have given you advice had to say.

-Barron
Old 07-06-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Don\'t know how to classify this hand (bad bead, major suck out, ???)

Your pre-flop call is horrible, as is your reason for raising the flop, as I don't think anyone has ever folded a T here in the storied history of Texas Hold 'em. It's like saying you raised with A8 on a AA4 board 'to try and get someone off AQ'.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:29 PM

I would classify this as a major suckout and bad beat. One guy has QT and the other guy has JT and they both manage to get lucky and suck out on AA. Yes, this is definitely a major suckout and bad beat for AA.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Don\'t know how to classify this hand (bad bead, major suck out, ???)

[ QUOTE ]
It's like saying you raised with A8 on a AA4 board 'to try and get someone off AQ'.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, its like saying you raised with A4 on AA4 to try to get somebody off AQ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ... gotta read what the poster said and did...

you gave him too much credit.

-Barron
Old 07-06-2004, 06:09 PM

This has got to be the funniest post ever. He raised the flop to get a 10 to fold. Did I read that right?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt he had the J based on HOW he checked the river. I felt a check-raise attempt was on the horizon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I missed it, but I'm assuming this was live play? If not, then I'm wondering how you could tell this.

[ QUOTE ]
Hope this thought process doesn't upset too many of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not upsetting anyone. People here are trying to help you, not flame you, when they suggest posting hands like these in the micro or small stakes forum. But if you're going to post here, you better bring your big league fastball, cause this forum is like playing in the show.

That's why I don't post hands here, and post them down in AA ball in the micro forum when I post my limit hands. I play goot. But not goot enough for the mid-high forum.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:53 PM

Yes, it was live play. I haven't tried online yet. Don't plan to, either.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:29 PM

Default me 2

i would have played EXACTLY the same way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw, are you multi-tabling 15/30 online? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2004, 08:52 PM

OK.

Yes, it is true that this player is not ready for this forum.

Yes, it is true that there are several questionable comments in his post.

And yes, I think everyone is correct in telling him he's noplace near ready for the Mid/High Forum.

I take exception to HOW some folks here are telling him.

Believe me, I'm not overly sensitive (see many of my posts).

But some of you all sound like kids in the lunchroom snickering that the new kid has the wrong brand of sneakers on or something.

LRAO, you're not ready for this forum yet, much less the limits you're talking about. Take my word for it when I say that this is not open to interpretation. Play $5/10, whatever...but don't play any bigger than that because you are gonna get carved up.

I hope you accept this advice in the spirit in which it is offered.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But some of you all sound like kids in the lunchroom snickering that the new kid has the wrong brand of sneakers on or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rushmore, you are very nice gentleman. The forum is better and more civil place due to people w/ spirits like you. But El Diablo enjoys the lunchroom! Olé!!!!!!!!!!!