Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:31 AM

Default AKs question

I raise utg with AKs to 4xBB, $2. A TAG on my left calls and then the BB raises the pot to $7,50. I call as does the other player. Is this OK?

The flop comes two of my suit, all low cards. The BB pushes for 40$.

I have $35 left and the pot is $18,50. Is this a call?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: AKs question

Assuming 100xBB stacks....

Maybe weak-tight, but I fold AKs here, even with position on the reraiser. Even if I hit the flop I don't know if I'm good. If either of these guys has AA or KK, you're bankrupt.

Maybe if I had position on both and I was closing the action, or if it was just HU, I call. But there are just too many ways to spew here.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 AM

You got 9 outs, maybe 12, it's close but I'm calling.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 AM

I think you need to call here, you're 36% to win vs AA, 46% vs KK and ~54% vs QQ, which is his hand range pretty much. 35 in ~53 to call? Seems +ev to me
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 AM

So this is a fold preflop and a call on that flop given the preflop call?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:00 AM

Without a read on bb (15/2 or 55/33?) I probably call preflop and call that flop push. You have 9-12 outs against villain's range and are drawing very live. These are the types of situations that you have to feel comfortable calling because.

Even when you lose, you advertise that you will put your stack in on a draw. This will help you get paid when you hit that monster on a draw heavy board.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 AM

I don't have PT, but I was pretty sure he had JJ+/AK. Do you fold this preflop with that read?

I have a pretty small BR(7 buy-ins) right now due to various reasons. Would you pass on this flop call with a small BR?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have PT, but I was pretty sure he had JJ+/AK. Do you fold this preflop with that read?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy pre-flop fold if I though I was chopping at best.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a pretty small BR(7 buy-ins) right now due to various reasons. Would you pass on this flop call with a small BR?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are way underbankrolled. If you are playing scared then you will not be able to make good decisions. You should seriously consider moving to a level where losing 4 or 5 buy-ins isn't going to cause your bankroll any pain. I've had 10 buy-in swings and while I may take a week off to collect my thoughts, the money part doesn't bother me.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM

With that small of a BR I'd fold preflop most likely, and definetly fold flop as you will only win this ~40% of the time. Assuming this is your entire BR and if you go broke you can't play more poker for a long time. But with 20buyins or more it's a call
Old 12-14-2005, 10:40 AM

Your bankroll shouldn't enter into the decision of how to play the hand on the flop. You already made your bankroll decision by sitting at the game and choosing to play the hand.

I need a read on the BB to know how to play this on the flop. You have an easy all in if he is a LAG because all of your outs may be active. If the TAG behind you has any kind of hand he will probably call and increase your profit if you hit the flush. If the BB is anything but a LAG, I probably fold here. You are not getting sufficient pot odds or implied odds to chase the flush.

If your opponent is anything other than a LAG, you should probably fold pre-flop. Against a LAG, consider re-raising pre-flop to get rid of the TAG behind you.