Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: A less clear hand to comment on for the esteemed panel

Gotta raise preflop or fold. I guess you are hoping to spike an A or J. i could find a fold on the turn since the board 2 flushed and you dont have the A or J of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. you have basically no clean outs. i would most like to see the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river, but the pot isnt big enough
Old 12-28-2005, 05:00 PM

The inside straight draw doesn't help out my odds enough?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta raise preflop or fold. I guess you are hoping to spike an A or J. i could find a fold on the turn since the board 2 flushed and you dont have the A or J of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. you have basically no clean outs. i would most like to see the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river, but the pot isnt big enough

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with your raise/fold line with AJo here. Like you, I also believe raising is the best play here, but calling is much better than folding IMO. The hero has too strong of a hand in this 8 handed situation to consider folding IMO.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:49 PM

if anyone claims to either be raising or folding preflop "here" then they are not giving you enough information because game specifics are vital to preflop play.

but seriously, folding AJo UTG is just throwing away equity. In a loose game raising would also be less profitable, but even in a tight game I don't like raising from EP because you'll just blow away hands that you want limping behind you.

edit, this is replying to OP