Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: *TT* rates OOT\'s fashion sense

FYI for those viewing this, saks.com is having an absolutely massive sale until the 24th. Lots of stuff is more than half off.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT I have a lot of Ben Sherman short sleeve shirts. Opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been wearing Ben Sherman since 1984, when they were first imported into the USA by 99x (now on 9th street in the East Village - NYC). The brand is not the same anymore, its gone from working class button downs made polular by British Skinheads in the 50's (yes, Skinheads have been around that long, and no they were not racist back then) to retro-hipster, but I still like it. With that said it can come off not so cool if you don't rock it the right way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 12:34 PM

This thread is great. I seriously need help with my clothes as well. I plan on making a trip to Nordstrom/Neiman Marcus so any advice with outfits would be great. I am more of a jeans/tshirt type of person but it may be time to expand that. I'm 6'2" and 155 lb w/ 32" waist.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is great. I seriously need help with my clothes as well. I plan on making a trip to Nordstrom/Neiman Marcus so any advice with outfits would be great. I am more of a jeans/tshirt type of person but it may be time to expand that. I'm 6'2" and 155 lb w/ 32" waist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Photos Photos Photos...

Old 12-21-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Photos Photos Photos...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, will do when I get home.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Went with this sweater

These pants

These shoes

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, Great, and Good. Problem with Puma is that its too common, you need to mix it up a bit... but at the same time its a great look.

[/ QUOTE ]

V-neck sweater & undershirt showing, that's not so hot. What are we supposed to do about? v-neck undershirt?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite wrong. You may be confusing the faux pas of haviung the undershirt show underneath a button down shirt, in which case a v-neck t shirt, NOT A WIFE BEATER, is the solution. With a v-neck sweater, undershirt underneath is fine, IMO.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TT I have a lot of Ben Sherman short sleeve shirts. Opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have been wearing Ben Sherman since 1984, when they were first imported into the USA by 99x (now on 9th street in the East Village - NYC). The brand is not the same anymore, its gone from working class button downs made polular by British Skinheads in the 50's (yes, Skinheads have been around that long, and no they were not racist back then) to retro-hipster, but I still like it. With that said it can come off not so cool if you don't rock it the right way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, take a typical Ben Sherman carnaby style short sleeve shirt. Then take old school black and white vans, or some campers. Now give me a) t-shirt guidelines (i hate wearing shirts with no t-shirt underneath) and b) jeans.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*TT*

i usually just buy my jeans from old navy or the gap. apparently the fabric sucks etc. however, i never knew what i was missing buy wearing nicer jeans. can you tell me what brands i should look into buying?

i need them to be baggy and have a huge cockpit area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are just starting out, you can't go wrong with Diesel. Amazing denim, it will last for ages. They really are the reason why Levis is in the shitter now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly can go wrong with Diesel. It's Euro-trash. For an authentic better than A&F look go to Lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Lucky and Diesel are clients of mine. Diesel makes much better denim for men both in fit and fabric quality, and has a better brand image. Lucky's womans line has a much better cut, so its closer. Either way, you usually can't go wrong. Alternatively you can also give Mavi a shot... I'm not a fan of their brand image, but their new Nomad Tribe denim line kicks ass. As mentioned before Energie & Sixty (same company, you might know of them as Miss Sixty, which is larger in the USA. Energie is the parent company and the bigger brand world wide) are also great options.

At the same time I'd never recommend brands such as A&F or American Eagle. Its just a step above the Gap from what I have seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, nothing says strong island like a pair of mavis on a guy.

The rest makes perfect sense to me.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*TT*

i usually just buy my jeans from old navy or the gap. apparently the fabric sucks etc. however, i never knew what i was missing buy wearing nicer jeans. can you tell me what brands i should look into buying?

i need them to be baggy and have a huge cockpit area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are just starting out, you can't go wrong with Diesel. Amazing denim, it will last for ages. They really are the reason why Levis is in the shitter now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly can go wrong with Diesel. It's Euro-trash. For an authentic better than A&F look go to Lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Lucky and Diesel are clients of mine. Diesel makes much better denim for men both in fit and fabric quality, and has a better brand image. Lucky's womans line has a much better cut, so its closer. Either way, you usually can't go wrong. Alternatively you can also give Mavi a shot... I'm not a fan of their brand image, but their new Nomad Tribe denim line kicks ass. As mentioned before Energie & Sixty (same company, you might know of them as Miss Sixty, which is larger in the USA. Energie is the parent company and the bigger brand world wide) are also great options.

At the same time I'd never recommend brands such as A&F or American Eagle. Its just a step above the Gap from what I have seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, nothing says strong island like a pair of mavis on a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have agreed with you last year, the brand is killing their old image and reinventing a new line to combat this problem.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Then they have a VERY uphill battle that I don't think can be accomplished soon, if at all.