Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 PM

Default ESPN WSOP coverage

How many actual hands did they show tonight 10? You can't get any feel for how the table is running in the sense of who is playing what or even what the people at the table are like. Between all the little segments and commercials there's very little poker.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: ESPN WSOP coverage

Anyone besides me think that this years coverage of the events so far are way worse than 2004? It seems impossible to follow the game and its around 40 min without commercials. I just hope the main event will be more fun to watch
Old 08-02-2005, 10:53 PM

It's a lot easier to follow a tournament when you get over 10 hours to cover it. Maybe it'd be easier if they gave each of the WSOPC final tables 90 minutes so a few more hands could be seen. That would also reduce the endless replays the shows recieve. The one event that will be interesting to see how they cover it is this year's TOC. Last year, a 10 person tournament got 3 hours, I somehow thing an ~100 player tournament won't get the coverage it deserves.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:06 PM

i wouldnt worry about the circuit events and prelim events. espn always does a good job when it comes to the ME. this year they have like 15 hours dedicated to it. i dont really care about just seeing all in hands because i know ESPN's real bread and butter is the ME.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:21 AM

15 hours of main event woohoo, hopefully they'll get some of me on it ! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 12:27 AM

yeah i hated the early events last yr and stopped watching them. but they made the main event pretty good tv. considering the way they edit is as much reality tv as an actual poker tourney
Old 08-03-2005, 05:05 PM

espn's coverage is the worst i have seen. it seems like every hand is an all-in and knock out hand for someone.

they need to switch to 2 hrs or just get out of doing the wsop.. i know it makes a ton of money, but if that is the case why not make the show 2 hrs?
Old 08-03-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
espn's coverage is the worst i have seen. it seems like every hand is an all-in and knock out hand for someone.

they need to switch to 2 hrs or just get out of doing the wsop.. i know it makes a ton of money, but if that is the case why not make the show 2 hrs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the non-circuit events will be 2 hours.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:17 PM

My guess is the final table took less than 3 hours, therefore, its impossible to make 2 hours of footage. Why do you think the final table last year was 1 hour? Because Fossilman took everyone out in like 2 hours flat.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first circuit event they showed was a full two hours. The other two circuit events have only been televised for one hour. The first circuit event had some player who kept chatting away, so maybe they thought that he made the table entertaining. I can't think of another reason why they would show two hours of that event, but only show one hour of an event that Jesus won.