Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Bush\'s Impeachable Offences

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unlike republicans who have never worked an honest day in their lives, I don't have the time to spend in this forum advancing your education.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its definitely educational reading your posts. It reminds that there are people dumb enough to believe crap you spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, isn't that the crap Howard Dean is spewing?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:16 PM

He came back and said he only meant it at the leadership. Riiiight.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:59 PM

Alright, so this is a ridiculous list full mostly of conspiracy theories. But none of the reactionaries on this board can refute the fact that Bush and his administration actively lied to the American people and led them into a war on what they knew to be false pretenses and in direct violation of international law. As such, he should be tried as a war criminal and sent to prison for life.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, so this is a ridiculous list full mostly of conspiracy theories. But none of the reactionaries on this board can refute the fact that Bush and his administration actively lied to the American people and led them into a war on what they knew to be false pretenses and in direct violation of international law. As such, he should be tried as a war criminal and sent to prison for life.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you prove a negative? There is nothing to indicate the Bush administration lied. Just because you and the rest of the tinfoil hat brigade scream it loudly doesnt make it so.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How do you prove a negative? There is nothing to indicate the Bush administration lied. Just because you and the rest of the tinfoil hat brigade scream it loudly doesnt make it so.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the part that so many people just don't understand. If you say something wrong, but you think you're right, you're not lying. I find it VERY believable that the Bush administration believed that Saddam had WMDs. Does anyone remember when we learned that officials right under Saddam in the Iraqi government were also under the impression that they had WMDs? When we invaded, Saddam basically came out and said "well [censored], we don't have any WMDs to use on them."
Old 06-06-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you say something wrong, but you think you're right, you're not lying. I find it VERY believable that the Bush administration believed that Saddam had WMDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. What I believe was the case with the Iraq/WMD issue wasn't a lie per se, but rather it was a group of people who didn't listen to contrary opinions and only listened to evidence that tended to support their pre-conceived opinions/decisions. I imagine the order was to "find evidence of Iraq's WMD's" vs. "find out if Iraq has WMD's."
Old 06-06-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the part that so many people just don't understand. If you say something wrong, but you think you're right, you're not lying. I find it VERY believable that the Bush administration believed that Saddam had WMDs. Does anyone remember when we learned that officials right under Saddam in the Iraqi government were also under the impression that they had WMDs? When we invaded, Saddam basically came out and said "well [censored], we don't have any WMDs to use on them."

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it bother you though that this government went to war -- at the expense of the lives of American men and women -- based upon woefully incorrect information? Shouldn't we be absolutely positive about the basis for going to war before we do so? I mean, really, the magnitude of the incorrect information (assuming there was no intent to mislead the public) is staggering. This bothers me a great deal.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:14 PM

I dispute the notion that Bush43 lied about WMD.
At the worst it honest mistake in intelligence. Can anyone name ONE country whose intelligence service did not think Iraq had WMD? Russia, France, and Britain said their intelligence showed Iraq had WMD. Putin said in a recent interview that critiscism towards Bush in this matter is unjust because he thought Iraq had WMD.

As far as I know WMD could have been moved to Syria. Since Turkey did not allow the 4th ID to be stage in their terriotory, the US military could not cut off the ecapes to the north. Or perhaps Hussein destroyed the stockpiles while hiding the manufacturing equipment and seed cultures so that the Chemical/Biological program could be quickly reintroduced. I think the second hypothesis is less likely because why not let the UN destroy the stock to get 'credit' and get rid of the sanction while keeping all the equipment to make it? The only evidence we have that Iraq destroyed the WMD is the word of Saddam Hussein so pardon me if I question his credability. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I find Christina's post amusing. It shows me how kooky and out-of-touch the liberals are. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If the Democrats try to make this an issue in the next elections they are going to lose more seats. To paraphrase Ann Coulter, there may be lots of bad republican politicians but CURRENTLY there are no good Democrat politicians (an exageration but a SMALL exageration).
Old 06-06-2005, 09:30 PM

How do you find out for sure? Seems to be impossible without invading, or getting hit first.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unlike republicans who have never worked an honest day in their lives, I don't have the time to spend in this forum advancing your education.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you make outrageous statements like this you devalue everything that you have said in the past and will say in the future. This is a fact that screaming, raving, lunatic liberals have never and probably will never understand. If you weren't so "busy" with your "job", I could spend some time and explain every part of your argument that is wrong (or in other words, all of it). But since you're so busy, I'll let you bask in your own ignorance.