Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 11:58 AM

Default WTF Dell...

So I ordered 2 of the 2001fp's on Friday. My order says "In Production" scheduled to be shipped on or before the 26th. It doesn't show as having gone through any of the production stages and I haven't been billed yet! Is this standard procedure? so now I'm on hold with them... but maybe I'm just getting anxious.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: WTF Dell...

I think Dell maybe going through a little bit of growing pains right now in terms of their service. I ordered a laptop a couple of months ago. For some very weird reasons to do with state laws, the warranty option I chose wasn't available. So Dell just automatically cancelled the order without telling me. I finally called when it didn't show up and after speaking to 2 different people in India and 1 in S. Carolina or someplace, and 1 in El Paso I finally found out what happened. They were very nice and reordered it on the phone for me but it was a pain. I still love the company but i think they're working through some things right now.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:48 PM

Dell Customer Service is the worst it has ever been.I've spent tens of thousanda at Dell since mid-90's on workstations,monitors etc.

I ordered 2 new flat panels displays but on both orders Dell sent the wrong digital cable.They are supposed to send a 24 pin dvi cable and an a 15 pin analog cable.Both monitors were sent with the wrong digital cables..they were 18 pin.I called up Matrox for some video card support for my Parhelia and the girl told me they might be mac cables..i dunnuh.Whatever...it took me like 8 phone calls yesterday to finally get then to send me the correct cables..this took almost 2 hours..I was flabergated...very disappointed about the current state of Dell's customer service.

I usually use Precision workstation support which is decent but even this has degraded badly over the last few years.
A real problem is when you mix small business,home business or online sales/support into the mix...the wheels come off...
the business cs guys cant order certain part numbers.You need to talk to sales to do a simple fix ..you get re-routed to India over and over again..grr
Old 10-26-2004, 01:51 PM

Old 10-26-2004, 03:22 PM

dude I didnt get billed for mine until I already had it. trust me, its on its way.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:25 PM

I seem to have the same problem. I placed an order for the 2001FP and was all ready for it to ship when I get an email this week saying it has been delayed.

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner,
we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 11-08-2004.

No action is required to proceed with the new date, however, if you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order.
If you wish to cancel your order or if you have any questions, please go to www.support.dell.com or contact us at 1-800-624-9897, extension (66966).

Please include your order number or customer number with any correspondence.
We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team

Bastards... I want my monitor...
Old 10-26-2004, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seem to have the same problem. I placed an order for the 2001FP and was all ready for it to ship when I get an email this week saying it has been delayed.

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner,
we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 11-08-2004.

No action is required to proceed with the new date, however, if you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order.
If you wish to cancel your order or if you have any questions, please go to www.support.dell.com or contact us at 1-800-624-9897, extension (66966).

Please include your order number or customer number with any correspondence.
We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team

Bastards... I want my monitor...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to pwn them if they do this.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to pwn them if they do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't doubt it if the same thing is happening to you. Mine was "in-production" on their website until I got the email the other day. I checked it again and it had dropped back to "pre-production." Pretty lame if you ask me.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:51 PM

I bought a laptop from Dell recently and had a lot of trouble with customer support. My uncle bought a Dell desktop arround the same time and also had difficulties.

For my problem, it took about 12 angry emails before they resolved my problem. I will not be buying from them again.

F- Dell. F- them in their f'ing ear.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:11 PM

Ordered mine Friday, got a call yesterday saying it would be delivered on Wednesday, money not been taken yet.