Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Live 4/8 hand river play

In a great live 4/8 game, 8 of the other 9 players are loose passive, and the 9th is a LAG who is now on my right after a recent seat change. From the hands I've seen he'll raise the flop with any pair or draw and has attempted several horrible bluff raises on the river and been looked up each time. I am SB in the hand with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

4 limpers around to LAG who limps on the button. I raise, BB calls as does everyone else.

Flop comes: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, one limper calls, others fold around to LAG who raises, I call as does the others.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

We check to LAG, who bets, I raise, limper folds, LAG calls.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Do I...?

Check and call a bet, or bet and call a raise?
Old 09-09-2004, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Live 4/8 hand river play

If you have a read that LAG will bluff raise with many worse hands on the river, then by all means bet and call a raise.

But personally, I'd prefer check-raising the river as there is a chance that you will get LAG to lay down a hand better than yours. You'd also be happy to take a free showdown too.

Garland