Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Common Party $3-$6 Situation

Calling down, losing the least if he has his K, winning the most if he is pushing 99 or something of that nature.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:41 PM

yes i would raise the turn with either of those hands, and also JJ, TT, and maybe AQ. I would think i have the best hand with any of those, the possible exception being AQ, assuming the blind might have a small pair. JMO

peace

john nickle
Old 08-29-2004, 02:58 PM

I would fold. Small pot and if he has something you are probably beat and if he doesn't you will win a very small pot. If the guy is a total fish and you know it raise him, if not fold.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ding ding ding. Winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree (with exist's answer)
Old 08-29-2004, 05:43 PM

Typical PP players will bet so many hands here that you are ahead of and call you down to the river with them. I'd raise the flop, bet the turn and bet the river. If he 3-bets me or check raises me on the turn, I'm calling down. Unless I have some super read, I'm not folding QQ heads up at PP. You could make an argument for just calling too since alot of players put you on a steal simply cause you entered the pot first, but I've seen so many players bet and call down here with trash that I think raising is the best option. But, then again, I don't fold much.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:02 PM

I'm slightly confused by this bet from an unknown. I think unless I have a strong read that my opponent will bet into a pf raiser with any piece of the board, I raise this every time. If 3-bet, I cap vs. LAGro's and call down v. others. Bet the turn if checked to regardless. Bet the river and expect to see Ax, or 66 at the showdown.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:21 PM

Don't be confused.

A lot of times it's just feeling-out the situation to see if he can bluff you out.

He has to act first and he likely thinks that checking will 'give-away' the fact that he has nothing.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:24 PM

I think this is a classic call down or bet if checked to situation and am surprised there is so much discussion.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Re: easy, 6 words

Hi Saborion,

Yes, if he checks on the Turn, I am not going to give him a free card, when he may not even call the River if he doesn't improve. The pot is small, so giving a free card that may beat you isn't diastrous, but sometimes it'll do exactly that. And maybe he'll call the whole way with a worse hand, in which case you missed a bet on the Turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Since you called the flop, he should figure

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing Jimbo is thinking about is whether or not he should really be having sex with his cousin.

If I get check-raised on this Turn, I'm letting my hand go very fast and not thinking twice about it. It's extremely rare that you see a complete bluff check-raise, especially on the Turn. If he's the type of guy to do it, and he's an unknown to me, more power to him. I don't play poker worrying about someone bluff check-raising me on a K22 board when I have QQ. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Brian
Old 08-29-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: easy, 6 words

Hence the reason we can let go easily if check-raised on the turn. And a small pot too of course.